Chapter 17: Philza

Darryl POV.

Philza’s car pulled up into the driveway of a small house, and I let out a sigh, I was unsure of what I should do, try and escape now? Try and escape later? But Philza didn’t seem too bad.. He helped me out of the car and led me inside. It was crowded with a lot of furniture and the blond demon sent me a sympathetic smile. “Sorry about the mess Darryl, my youngest likes to throw stuff around often.”
I tilted my head to the side in question, when a blond teenager ran out of the hallway which connected to the kitchen. “Phil… you’re back. Ranboo has taken Tubbo again, and I wanna hang out with him.”
“Tommy for the last time. Tubbo is not yours, and if he wants to spend time with Ranboo then he can, he’s not a prisoner.”

“But Phil-” the teenager, Tommy, whined, which caused Philza to let out a slight growl which made me jump.
The blond teen was about to say something else when he glanced behind Philza at me. “Who’s that?” he asked.
Philza stood to the side so that Tommy could see me easily. “This is Darryl, I found him about half an hour ago and brought him here. I was hoping we could find him a home tomorrow.”

My eyes met Tommy’s and he gave me a smile, “hello Darryl, my name is Tommy Innit,” he introduced, holding out a hand for me to shake.
I tentatively reached out my hand to shake his and then Philza spoke to Tommy, “why don’t you introduce Darryl to Tubbo and Ranboo, then dinner should be ready in half an hour so be back out by then.”

The blond teenager led me down the hallway which had doors on either side, some of which were slightly ajar and beckoned for me to follow him. “I am the coolest person here, just so you know. Everyone else is my bitch. Besides Phil.”
“Please don’t swear.” I mumbled. Tommy looked at me and nodded before knocking loudly on the door of a room.
“Come in.” a voice called and so Tommy opened the door with a kick. Inside were 2 people, one of them was sitting on a bed and writing in a journal and the other was laying on the ground and drawing a bunch of bees with a felt.

“Hey Tommy,” the one on the bed greeted, his eyes shifted over to me and I saw they glowed softly. One of his eyes was green and the other was red, which were partially covered by his black and white fringe. He gave me a smile which showed his fangs. “Hi there, I’m Ranboo.” he greeted.
“I’m Darryl.” I replied, giving a smile.

The person who had been laying on the ground looked up at me and gave a bright smile. His eyes were a light blue but they weren’t glowing. He was a human. His hair was a dirty blond-almost brown colour. He was wearing a green shirt which fell loosely over his shoulders and some jeans, both of which were slightly too big for him.

“Hey there Darryl, I am Tubbo. It’s nice to meet you.” all 3 of these guys seemed slightly younger than I was. All looked about 17 or 18 while I was a year older.
Tommy and I moved into the room and the blond sat down on a rolling chair which had been under a desk whereas I just leaned against the wall beside the door.

“So how did Philza find you?” Tubbo asked, he’d adjusted his position so he was leaning against the bed with his legs crossed.
“Well I was just walking and your friend… Philza… pulled up in his car and insisted he give me a ride to my home, but then he found out I was human and brought me here. Phil told me he’d try and find me a home in the morning.”
“Maybe you could stay with us.” Tubbo suggested, an excited toothy grin on his face.

“Maybe.” I replied. I am planning on leaving early in the morning before anyone can wake up and Skeppy can try finding me. My eyes drifted up to look at Tubbo, “so what about you? How did Philza find you?”
Tubbo’s face saddened slightly, “my parents left shortly after we made our way into the forest and Philza found me starving on the side of the road. He took me in and raised me with Tommy and Tommy’s 2 older brothers. He adopted Ranboo a couple of years later.”

I didn’t know what to say and so a silence fell over the room. We must have been sitting there for a while because Philza called us out for dinner. All of us went into the living room and were crowding around a table. Philza was sitting at one end of the table and a boy in a mustard yellow shirt, red beanie and glowing light brown eyes was at the other end. I sat down on one side of Philza and Tubbo and Ranboo sat on the other side of me. Opposite me, beside Phil sat a man with glowing red eyes and pink hair who sat next to Tommy.

The two men I hadn’t met looked from me to Philza, before the pinkette opposite me finally spoke up, “uhh Phil who is this?” he asked in a slightly nonchalant voice.
“This is Darryl,” the man at the head of the table stated for the group to hear, “he is staying with us for the night.”
“And he’s human?” the man at the other end of the table asked, causing Philza to hum.
“Uhh Darryl, before we eat, this is Technoblade, or Techno for short, and at the end of the table is Wilbur.” he introduced, and I waved at them.

"Hey Darryl," Wilbur greeted friendlily. For demons these guys all seemed quite nice, and they talked to me happily while we ate the spaghetti and meatballs that Philza had made for us. But my mind kept wandering over to Skeppy, I felt bad… but why? He kidnapped humans, I shouldn't care about him at all… but I do…

“Wait Darryl?” Tommy piped up, “if you lived on your own then how come you have clean clothes?” he asked which caused me to let out a gulp which the other demons at the table seemed to notice.
“I traded for them a day or so ago.” I lied, “I traded someone a pile of berries I had collected for them, I don’t know where he got it from.”

The demons seemed confused but believed it, and so I let out a sigh then looked up at Techno to start a conversation with him.
_________________________________________
1133 words.