Chapter 57: the forensic labs

✨P✨E✨N✨I✨S✨

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk you guys can leave now.
_________________________________________
George POV
two weeks later

Dream was pacing back and forth the length of the living room like he had been doing for the entire morning. He had his arms crossed and was muttering to himself quietly, sounding a lot like a crazy person.

Last night he had gotten a call from Doctor Walker about the blood that she had taken from me to get sampled. The results were ready at the lab that had analysed it and apparently they were very excited about them getting to research the first known occasion of a human and demon cross. It felt great to know they were enjoying something that got my 2 best friends hurt and caused Dream to worry himself half to death.

He had been up freaking out the entire night, I don’t know why though and I know sleeping is optional to demons but he kept me up. He apologized excessively for keeping me awake but I didn’t mind. Although I didn’t admit it, the blood test had been one of the only things I had been thinking about all day since the day that Doctor Walker had come over.

We needed to go to the lab where the blood was analysed to get the results and they didn’t open for another hour but Dream was getting impatient. He sent a glance to me and I took note of his incredibly stressed appearance.

With a roll of my eyes I beckoned him over and he sat on the couch beside me and we pulled each other close. “Are you worried?” I asked him, my head being against his chest with his chin resting on top of mine.
He gave a quiet hum yes before asking me the same question back. “A little I guess…” I muttered in response, causing him to kiss the side of my face gently.

“I’m just worried what it will tell us… what if I end up hurting Darryl or Karl again?” I tensed at the thought.
“You won’t George,” the demon responded, beginning to nuzzle into my neck as I moved my hands up to rest on his shoulder and we readjusted our positions slightly so that we were facing each other.

He began releasing his scent and I began releasing mine, attempting to calm each other. We sat like that for ages with our eyes shut, just focusing on ourselves and the other person (or in my case, demon). Eventually my eyes drifted over to a clock and I spoke up, “it is 15 minutes until the lab opens… if you wanna go now…”

The blond demon pulled away from me and looked at the clock before nodding, “we could leave now…”
I gave a nod and we stood up, taking our time to make our way to the car and taking any excuse to slow down this trip even more.

It was one of those situations where you want to do it and get it over with but at the same time you don’t want to. Both of us wanted to find out what was happening but at the same time we didn’t because we were worried about what that would mean. However eventually we ran out of excuses and took a long silent car ride to the lab.

Dream drove slowly, slow enough to make the 15 minute drive stretch out to 20 but fast enough to avoid getting angry toots from the car behind us. When our car made it to the near empty car park we saw a couple of people heading into the front doors of the building but just sat there, unsure whether to go in or not.

The blond demon had his hands resting on the steering wheel, clutching it tightly and tapping his foot as I sat with my hands in my lap and watching him. Neither of us wanted to go inside but eventually I let out a sigh and opened the door before stepping out into the cool morning.

I felt Dream’s eyes look over to me and I turned around to look back at him, waiting for him to step out too. Eventually he followed my lead and stepped out of the Ferrari, walking over to stand beside me before we both started heading inside.

The main room was almost empty besides half a dozen people sitting around probably waiting to get blood tests or to get results from the blood tests. Dream moved over to the desk where a woman was typing on a computer and after watching him for a second I walked over to an empty corner and sat in an uncomfortable gray chair.

Dream talked with the woman for a moment before nodding at whatever she said and coming over to sit beside me. He pulled me close to him and began nuzzling into my neck to distract himself from the conflicting feelings and I felt myself blush as other people began staring. The blond just sent glares at them and let out quiet growls before going back to nuzzling into me again.

My eyes stayed focused on the clock in the corner of the room as we waited quietly. The other people in the waiting room came and left with forms or to get injections and it felt like we had been waiting for hours. Eventually Doctor Walker came out from a door which connected to a hallway and told us to follow her.

Dream let me free from his danger nuzzles and the two of us stood up and followed her back into the hallway which had rooms on each side to give injections or take blood or just for storage. As we walked Dream’s hands made his way to mine and held it tightly as we followed the doctor. I didn’t know who was more nervous to hear about what happened to my blood, me or him.

“So even though I work at North Shore health clinic I occasionally help out here and since I was curious about your blood I decided to help out with the analysis.” Doctor Walker stated as she opened the door to a lab with about half a dozen people spread out working over several tables and counters covered in lab equipment.

“Uhh-before I tell you about the results, just don’t touch anything or walk off… okay?” she quickly stated, pivoting quickly on her feet like a skilled dancer to face us and repeating the motion when we both nodded.

“Anyway, this blood sample was kind of difficult to analyse but we think that we have figured out what is going on with you now, George.” I moved closer to Dream as she led us over to the group and they all gathered around to face us.
“The 5 of us have been taking our time analysing it over the past 2 weeks and so we should probably have you both sit down while we explain…”
_________________________________________
1177 words.

✨M✨O✨R✨E✨P✨E✨N✨I✨S✨