Chapter 79: Darryl's favourite childhood thing

So after I have finished uploading this story, and finished uploading DNF Hunger Games (which you guys should read after this), I had you guys vote and it will be Vampire Karlnapity.

Yes. I went from writing about demons, to murder sports, to vampire threesomes. What is my life coming too...

Anyway, I will hold another vote for what story comes after that later down the line, and based on how much I have written about Hunger Games it should take a month to upload the entire story so you might have Karlnapity done before Christmas too.

Anyway chapter.
_________________________________________
Darryl POV.

I was leaning against a tree, letting the afternoon breeze calm me. My back was to the house but I knew that Skeppy was probably watching me through the window. The ravenette demon was really protective, especially since what happened with George a month or so ago.

He had to take an important phone call with someone I think was his boss so he let me do what I wanted. I convinced him to let me go outside and he reluctantly agreed as long as I stayed in sight of the house. I looked around the trunk at the house and through the window I could see him watching me while still on the phone.

With a sigh I rested back against the tree and looked up into the darkening sky of the evening. I had missed being outside during the warm night, kind of. It was nice in the Spring and Summer, when it was warm and the weather was nice, and there was lots of food to eat.

I did not miss the Winter’s though. The cold nights I had to huddle with Karl and George without not an inch between us. Barely any food for us to eat, unless we could break through the ice in the rivers and get some fish.

Maybe I could ask Skeppy if we could stay out here tonight and sleep under the stars even if it was Winter, but it would probably make him worried about me catching a cold or something. However I might be able to sway him if I get a lot of blankets, or if he cuddles into me. (he’d obviously like the second option.

My eyes stayed focused on the forest, looking around for any sign of movement. I wasn’t surprised there was nothing since it was early Winter. I tried remembering everything that had happened in the past 2 months, from me, George, and Karl getting caught by demons to the most recent thing, George becoming a half demon about 3 weeks ago now.

Actually. It is about December now. Which meant it was almost Christmas and I was super excited for that. The last time I had celebrated it I was 8, the following year the demons came and I guess Santa got too busy to deliver presents, but maybe now he could bring us presents again.

And I could get gifts for George and Karl. The 3 of us had always talked about what would happen when the world went back to normal, Christmas and New Year's were frequent topics.
We all decided one year we'd go to a Christmas-like village and another we'd go somewhere warm for the holiday, like Australia or New Zealand.

I got pulled from my thoughts as I heard footsteps walking in my direction. "You should put on some more clothes or you'll catch a cold," Skeppy said as he sat down beside me without making eye contact.

"I have on the new hoodie you got for me," I replied, playing with the hood for a moment before looking over at him.
"Yeah, well you aren't wearing one of my hoodies." Skeppy huffed as he pulled it off of himself and pulled it over me.

I didn't even get to put my arms in the armholes and it was like me being wrapped in a blanket. "You look cuter with my stuff on you," Skeppy stated as he pulled me closer.

With a shrug I moved his arm away from me and pulled the hoodie over me properly before leaning back against him. He smirked at my sweater paws and took one of my hands and began playing with it.

"Why did you want to come outside when it is freezing?" Skeppy asked, and I looked up at him with my big, round eyes and shrugged.
"Just wanted to think about some stuff," I muttered. "What is the date by the way?" I added on at the end.

"December 20th… why?" He raised an eyebrow as he looked me in the eyes.
"Nothing. Just a human holiday thing called Christmas." I muttered, and that caught his interest. I knew he had a thing for learning about humans.

"What do you do on the human holiday?" The ravenette asked curiously.
"Well you decorate your house with a tree. And it is a time to spend with family before the new year. And when you wake up on the 25th Santa brings everyone presents." I happily explained.

The ravenette smiled at my expression as I continued. “Sadly Santa hasn’t come since the demons came, I-I figure he was just busy with the demons like a lot of other people were.” I grew quiet and looked back around the area.

Skeppy POV.

"Well you decorate your house with a tree. And it is a time to spend with family before the new year. And when you wake up on the 25th Santa brings everyone presents." Darryl explained, and I noted his smile so I matched it.

“Sadly Santa hasn’t come since the demons came, I-I figure he was just busy with the demons like a lot of other people were.” he continued and that’s when my smile faltered. His faltered too, looking away back towards the leafless trees.

I knew that there were several human holidays where parents would give their kids chocolate or something and say it was from an animal like a rabbit. This must be like one of those with whatever a ‘Santa’ is. Usually kids learn that these things are not real when they are between the ages of 7 and 10… I think. Clearly Darryl wasn’t told.

“Yeah.” I responded, pulling him close and nuzzling into his neck. “Maybe Santa will come and visit you this year… want to tell me more about him?” I was curious about what Darryl would know about him, seeing that he probably learnt about him up until he was 8 or 9.

“Well he is always happy, and nobody can take photos or anything of him. If you are good all year he will give you presents, if you are bad he genuinely gives you a lump of coal. I-I hope that I get a present.” he muttered at the end.

I pulled him onto my lap and smiled, “of course you will get presents Darryl. You deserve them because you are perfect. There is no reason that you wouldn’t get one.” I muttered, before pressing a kiss against his forehead.
“Even when I ran off?” he asked and I hummed a yes.
“Even then Darryl. You are alway perfect, and always will be.”

He blushed when I said that. Darryl’s face was bright red, or maybe it was because of the cold. I stayed with him snuggling against me for a few minutes before I realised that he was asleep and I lifted him up. Being careful not to wake him, I carried Darryl into the house while making sure to hold him close and keep my body temperature warm.

The human nuzzled into me as I carried him to my office and sat down with him in my lap. My arms wrapped around him as I began searching stuff up online.
_________________________________________
1309 words.