Chapter 61: breakfast

Dream POV.

George was purring contently in my grip while he slept. My hand tangled in his hair brushing it away from his face before it trailed down to his neck and examined the hickeys that had been left by me last night. They painted his pale skin red, brown, purple, and blue all the way down from his neck to his shoulders and chest.

My eyes stayed focused on the claiming mark, it was significantly bigger than the other hickeys and bruises and it had a lot more colour in it, and I knew that on my neck was an identical one left by the brunette. I knew that it took a month for those marks to fade if I didn’t keep close to it. The venom was weird like that.

I adjusted the brunette slightly and began nuzzling into his neck again, gently hugging him close to my chest the entire time. It was probably only 2 in the morning and so George would probably sleep for another 5 or 6 hours, not that I minded. Sleeping with him was fine, he made me feel happy and I would happily lie with him and give him cuddles so that he knows that he is safe while he is asleep.

The hours of the morning ticked past and I could see the sun starting to slither through the gaps in the curtains. It was probably 9 or 10 when the brunette let out a groan and sat up. His hair was a beautiful mess that fell just above his glowing brown eyes. The sunlight from between the curtains cut through the air and hit his neck, making the hickeys even more visible.

George noticed me staring, and moved his hand up to cover some of the more obvious marks as his face blushed red. “Good morning,” I muttered, taking the hand that was covering his neck and kissing it gently.

He responded with a quiet good morning and his eyes glowed dimly, brown almost taking on a blue, tired, tinge. I pulled him onto my lap and he began nuzzling tiredly into my neck, his fluffy brown hair brushing against the claim mark he left last night.

“How did you sleep?” I asked him and he let out a groan.
“Everything hurts thanks to you,” he grumbled, pulling away from my neck to glare at me. “I thought that demons were able to heal faster, you fucking liar.”
I chuckled lightly and he let out a low growl, clearly annoyed.

“I don’t know how quickly demons heal after getting their brains fucked ou-”
“Dream!” he cut me off, an angered expression on his face and he let out another growl. He lowered his voice into an angry grumble “you are such a pain in the ass.”
“Don’t act like you don’t enjoy it,” I teased, kissing him lightly as I did.

“You know that is not what I meant,” the brunette stated, crossing his arms and letting out a huff, followed by several low growls.
“I know,” I responded, “but it is fun to tease you.”
Immediately George’s growls got louder, but they subsided into purrs when I began nuzzling into his neck again.

It was funny how we acted like a newly married couple and it made me smirk. “I don’t know why you can’t walk already, but then again not many demons are bottoms.”
His eyes narrowed again and so I cupped the side of his face, pulling my face close to his and kissing him gently. “How about I go get you something to eat?”

The brunette gave a nod and went to climb off of me but I held him there for a few moments, pulling him close to me and beginning to kiss around the mark again. “Dream? What are you doing?” he asked, moving his hand in between my body and his to rest on my chest.

Before I responded I bit down on the mark and caused him to yelp. Claws extended from his hands and one dug into my shoulder as the other dug into my bare chest. “What the hell was that for?” George asked with a whimper, “that hurt…”
“I'm sorry,” I replied, “but biting the mark lets out some of my scent, that way you’ll know I am nearby…”

The brunette gave a shaky nod and climbed off of me. I stood up and left the room, watching George roll over and pull the blankets towards him until they covered up to his chin. I left the room and went down to the kitchen, beginning to go through cabinets and pantries to look for some food.

I wanted to take my time, just to see if George would freak out if I was gone for too long or if the scent helped. Or maybe he just wasn’t worried and this was a waste of an experiment. After looking around I decided on bacon and eggs so I began heating up a pan to cook stuff in.

George POV.

Dream stood up to leave and I suppressed a whine, wanting him to come back and just cuddle with me. Instead I rolled over, pulling the blanket up to my chin and curling up under it.  From behind me the door shut, signalling that the blond demon had left and a bit of the smell went with him, it was way more faint now but I still smelled it.  The smell of Dream’s scent was still in the air and made me happy.

I inhaled the sweet scent and released a purr when I exhaled. Still, it felt more lonely without him. My arms curled around my waist and I whimpered at the loss of him. After a few moments of waiting I climbed out of the bed, still being naked, and stumbled into the closet.

I looked around at the clothes, which were mainly his except for some stuff that I left when I was in here. Eventually I grabbed one of his hoodies and pulled it over my head before shuffling back to the bed and laying down again. I hummed contently as I pulled the hood over my head and was enveloped in the warmth which reminded me of my demon.

With a yawn I curled back up into a ball and felt myself fall back to sleep. I don’t know how long I was asleep but eventually I woke up to someone shaking my shoulders. I gave a tired groan and sat up, looking over to see Dream smiling down at me.

Another smell flooded my nose, clashing with the smell of cinnamon and apples. I smelt something that I barely remembered, but it made my mouth water, bacon. It was something that I had had all the time as a kid but probably haven’t had since then.

It mixed with something else, eggs. It has been a while since I had those too, but I remember about 2 years ago Darryl was sick so Karl and I went looking for food. We came across a group of people and traded some berries that we found for some medicine they had. The group had a small tent to share between 5 and one of them was cooking some eggs they had stolen from a bird's nest. She was a mother to a pair of 10 year old twins and offered us each an egg.

My eyes moved away from Dream’s and I looked over at a plate he had sat down on some drawers. He chuckled when he saw my mouth watering and Dream chuckled as he ruffled up my hair slightly. After thanking him, the blond demon sat down beside me and gave me breakfast to eat.
_________________________________________
1292 words