Chapter 15: Skeppy's job

Darryl POV.

Skeppy was cradling me in his arms and nuzzling into my neck. He let out a purr and kissed the side of my cheek. He and I had barely been separated since he got me, except when I ran away on the second day.

Ever since I was a kid I had thought that demons were bad, but it turns out that Skeppy and a bunch of the other demons had a harder life than I ever did. I mean he lived in literal hell, his life would obviously be hard. And once he got here he ran an important job, but he has managed to get a week off work to spend with me.

His hand ran through my hair several times but suddenly I heard his phone ringing. Skeppy placed a kiss on my forehead and lowered me down onto the bed before answering it. “Hello, Skeppy speaking…” the demon answered.
He took a moment to listen to whatever the person on the other end of the line was saying, taking a long time as he listened to them saying who knew what, but occasionally replied to whatever they were saying with a ‘sure’ or an ‘of course’ or a ‘certainly’.

The entire time the demon ran his hands through my hair as I tried to figure out what this was about.
“Okay thank you. I can be there in an hour if that’s what you want.” I watched as Skeppy hung up his phone and he turned to me. “Darryl I need to go to work for a little bit, do you think you’d be fine to go stay with Dream and George for a while? Or would you rather go stay with Sapnap, Quackity and Karl?”

“Could I go with George and Dream please?” I asked. I had heard that something happened with George and another demon a couple of days ago and I wanted to make sure that he was okay.
“Of course you can, baby.” Skeppy nuzzled into the side of my neck. “I will call Dream right now and see if you can go over for a few hours.”

After messing with his phone for a moment he called Dream and I heard him talking to the other demon for a few minutes before hanging up. “Dream said it is fine for you to come and how George is excited to see you.”
I smiled and leaned onto my demon's shoulder. But then I thought about it and decided to ask him a question, “what do you do anyway?”
He sat awkwardly for a moment before shrugging me off. “It isn’t important… just odd jobs for people.”

This caused me to tilt my head in confusion, but I gave a nod. Was there a reason why he didn’t want me to know about his job? I know it had to be something that he didn’t want me knowing but that just made me even more curious. Maybe I could ask Dream when I got to his place.

A half hour later Skeppy had driven me over to Dream’s house and he gave me a small kiss on the cheek goodbye. My face tinted red and I turned to look over at Dream and George. The blond demon was standing in front of George and he smiled. “You seem to be getting on well with Skeppy,” he noted, showing his fangs as he gave me a smirk.

“Yeah… he’s nice.” I smiled at the thought of him, but that just pulled me back to the question about his job… what was it?
“I wish I could say the same about the demon I live with,” George stated, earning a growl from Dream which made him giggle. “I-I’m just kidding,” he added, which made the demon nuzzle into the back of his neck.

The pair led me inside and George and I went to his room while Dream went to his office. The brunette and I sat down on his bed and he put on a movie. I didn’t know what it was since I was busy thinking and eventually George noticed.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, and I turned to look at him.
“What do you mean George? I’m fine… it’s just a crazy thought I had.”
“Liar,” George blatantly replied, and I looked over to him. “I have lived with you for almost 3 years, I know when you’re lying. So spill.”
His voice was stern and I let out a giggle. “Fine. I think that Skeppy is hiding something from me.”

George seemed slightly shocked, “what do you mean Darryl? What would he be hiding? He loves you.”
“I-I don’t know exactly. But I asked him a simple question and he refused to answer… it just seems weird.”
“What was the question?” George seemed generally curious now.
“I just asked what his job was.”

That confused the brunette, “why wouldn’t Skeppy want you to know your job?” he asked, “do you think that maybe he’s like a mafia boss or something?”
“N-no, I don’t think so… but do you think that you could ask Dream? He’d probably know?” I suggested.
“Yeah. I could ask Dream.”

George stood up and the two of us headed out of his room, down the hallways, and to Dream’s office. He knocked on the door and after a moment we heard the blond’s voice to tell us to come in. The brunette opened the door and Dream immediately smiled, “hey George. I thought I told you not to knock.”

“Sorry Dream,” George mumbled, “but we were wondering if we could ask you a question about Skeppy.”
The demon seemed surprised as to why George was asking that but nodded, “what is your question? But couldn’t Darryl just ask Skeppy instead of coming to ask me instead.”
“Well we were both just wondering what Skeppy’s job was, because he hasn’t told me.” I told him. “Could you tell us?”
“Uhh- well if Skeppy didn’t tell you then it’s not really my place Darryl.” he said, looking back down at the file he was reading, “you should ask him instead of asking me.”

“Actually yeah, that’s a good idea. Thank you, Dream.” George smiled, which caused me to send him a cautious look, “could we just have your computer to… play some minecraft?” he asked the demon.
“Yeah sure. You could play it on the laptop in my room if you want.” Dream smiled and then his phone rang. George and I used that as an excuse to leave.

“What did that achieve?” I asked as we walked into Dream’s room which looked almost identical to George’s.
“Well we could use Google to look up about Skeppy. If he has any information online about his life we could use it to find out what he does as a job.”
“Holy muffin that’s smart.” I giggled, watching as George sat down at the computer, he entered Dream’s password which he surprisingly knew and then opened up google.

I sat on the bed behind him and watched as he typed up Skeppy’s name on google, it turns out he had a social media account. Both of us began looking over everything that was written and then George found something and gasped.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, looking over his shoulder and then I saw it.
It had a link to the website for his job and George clicked on it, then we both watched as it loaded. It was a website where demons could higher other demons to catch humans.

"I-I don't understand… why would Skeppy do this?" I asked, feeling a couple of tears start to streak down my cheeks.
"I'm not sure. But it isn't safe for you to stay with him." George said, his eyes shifting back to meet mine. "Darryl, you need to go."

"But how?" I asked. "Dream would easily figure out if we both just left."
"Then I'll stay here." George said. He stood up and looked at me, "I could keep an eye on him, give you a chance to sneak off. If you want."
"What about you… and Karl?"

I stood up and his face snapped back to look at me, "we'll be fine Darryl, but neither of us would want you to be stuck here with someone who kidnaps humans. So I'll distract Dream, you go."

"I-Is there anyone else I should be worried about? Anyone who lives here that'll come after me?" I asked, my voice was shaking slightly.
The brunette shook his head, and so I did the only thing I felt like I could do. I pulled him in for a hug. "Thank you George. You and Karl are the best friends in the world."

"You're welcome Darryl." George replied, hugging me back, "but we should probably go now."
I gave a nod and let go of him and we began heading downstairs. The door to Dream's office was still closed and George looked over at me. "There is a kitchen down the hall, second left, and there is a door over there that'll let you into the back garden. I think you could find your way from there."
"Thank you George," I repeated, before beginning to run down the hallway and off to the kitchen.
_________________________________________
1553 words.