Chapter 68: Dream's mum

Or Mom for you people who spell it like this.

And no this is not a double upload.
_________________________________________
George POV.

He put me down and I finally took a look at the house and my eyes widened… this was my old house…

Dream looked over at me, he had an eyebrow raised. "What's wrong?" He asked softly, leaning down so his eyes were level with mine.
I just let out a pathetic whimper, and he seemed even more worried. “Are you okay?” he asked, and tears pricked in my eyes. All I could think about was my family, how my mother died here and I saw her lifeless body laying in front of me.

There was a chance that this could be the wrong house right? I hoped that that was the case and then it would be fine but it wasn’t. The bright blue flowers my mother and I had planted years ago were still there in front of one of the windows.
The dent in the wood by the door from the time I stole my fathers hammer from the back shed and tried to play builder. The same little lawn ornaments that my grandmother had alway brought for us at Christmas. It was all there.

“George, what's wrong?” the demon asked, his hand wrapping around my back and I felt it caress my shoulders slightly. I didn’t answer, instead wrapping my arms around my waist and staring at the ground, Dream let out a worried whimper and reached up to cup my cheek in his hand. “Please George… Tell me what is wrong.”

He held my cheek as I stayed silent beside him. Every so often his hand wiped away some of my tears. “If you aren’t going to tell me can we go inside please?” His voice was soft and cautious, but I nodded.

Dream wiped away the last of my tears and kept his arm wrapped protectively around me as he began directing me to the door. Part of me wanted to run away, I was worried about what I’d see, what terrible memories would come back. But another part wanted to go back, I wanted to see what it had become.

I managed to make a calm expression even though I was really worried and I felt like Dream knew that. Eventually he stopped outside of the blue door, knocking slightly on it and I heard a bunch of people inside start heading in our direction. After a moment the door opened and a woman looking about 30 standing at the door.

She looked exactly like Dream besides her glowing pink eyes and I knew instantly it was his mother. Although she looked quite close to his age I knew that demons aged differently to humans. I remember Dream telling me that they live longer and that they age like normal humans and change their appearance a lot while they are young but it slows down when they reach around 25.

“Dream!” the female demon exclaimed excitedly, her eyes glowing brightly as she wrapped her arms around her son in a hug. Dream towered easily over her and smiled as he hugged her back. “Oh my goodness it has been ages since I’ve seen my son and look how big you’re getting. You really need to visit a lot more.”

“I know mum.” he replied, stepping back slightly. “I’ve just been really busy with my human. That’s all.”
She gave a nod at his explanation and then looked over to me. “I am assuming that you must be my son’s human then. What is your name?”

I gave a small shy smile as I looked up at her. “It’s George.” I muttered, being quieter than I usually was.
“Well George I’ve been wanting to meet you for ages but Dream here always made up a load of unbelievable excuses that he’d use.” she stated and I giggled.

“Those weren’t excuses mum,” the blond responded, “I know they sound unbelievable but they weren’t. George really was kidnapped, and his friend was hospitalised, and his dad died… right George?”
I shrugged, knowing that I’d annoy him. “I don’t think any of those things happened Dream. You were just too lazy to do anything all of the time.”

Dream glared at me, “traitor,” he growled as his eyes narrowed and glowed brighter.
“Now Dream, how dare you say that to your human.” his mother growled back, wrapping her arm around me. “Look at him, he is cute and small and would never tell a lie like that. You are just being rude.”

The younger demon shook his head slightly as his mother let go of me. “I have a bag of our stuff if we could go to my old room and sleep in there.” he said, and his mother nodded as she let go of me. Dream stepped around her and the two of us walked down the hallway and into… my old room… of course it was.

It looked both similar and foreign at the same time. The walls were still the same blue that had been there since I was a baby. My old bookshelf and my old desk were in the same place they had been but had been cluttered with a bunch more science fiction and action books as well as other objects. The main difference is all the posters which were up on the walls, of movies and famous demons (I assume they were demons) and obviously the photos of him with his friends and family.

I looked over to the corner where my bed had been and saw that it had been replaced with a larger one which I guess was good. Dream walked into the room behind me and watched as I jumped onto the bed and immediately got comfortable.

“You better not be going to sleep now George.” the blond said as he shut the door and put a bag of clothes down on the floor beside it. “You still need to meet my father and my sister, then we will have dinner and my parents will probably make us watch a movie or something.”

“Do I have too?” I asked, “I am comfy.” I also didn’t want to go and see how much my house had changed.
“Yes you have to meet my family because that is the reason we are here and yes you are going to have dinner because I can’t let you go without food. However, I might be able to get us out of a movie tonight.”

Dream sat down at the end of the bed and grabbed the side of my waist, before rolling me over so I was looking up at the roof of his… my… our room. I felt the bed shake from underneath me and I looked over to see Dream laying beside me.

“So why were you crying earlier?” he asked, his tone softer again, sounding more sincere now as he watched me, his eyes glowing softly.
“I-uh… um…” he waited patiently for me to answer and after a moment I looked back into his eyes. Mine were glistening with tears. “Because this was my old house… the day that the demons came was the day my mother died here…”
_________________________________________
1214 words.