Chapter 53: the blood

Sorry for the late upload guys...
_________________________________________
George POV.

Doctor Walker moved over to me with the stethoscope and already had the earpieces in her ears. I shuffled back slightly to try and avoid me and bit my tongue to avoid growling. “Calm down George,” she said in that child voice again, “as I told Dream, I won’t hurt you.”

Obviously I didn’t trust her, and I wanted to punch her but before I knew it she was standing in front of me and I knew that I couldn’t. She gave me a smile and told me to turn around which I grudgingly did. After that she began pulling my shirt up which made me yelp, and then I yelped again when she pressed something cold on my back.

She seemed undeterred when I let out a low growl of warning and just told me that she was checking my heart beat and to calm down. After sitting there uncomfortably for what felt like hours she pulled the stethoscope away from me. “Your heartbeat is 190 beats per minute, which matches the average young adult demon… Now, how old are you George?”

“I am 19,” I stated, “but I’ll be 20 in a month.”
She let out a quiet hum as I spoke, “the average 19 year old human heart beats around 100 times per minute. Your heart beat is almost twice that, which is expected for a demon. You can pull your shirt back down now.”

Thank fuck. I pulled the shirt down and watched her cautiously as she grabbed a disposable thermometer from a box and held it out to me, telling me to put it in my mouth. With a huff of annoyance I grabbed the thermometer and stuck it in my mouth, hating the slight pressure on my tongue from it but keeping quiet about it.

In front of me I saw the doctor grabbing a syringe and reading the label as she held it absentmindedly in her hands. A minute later she came over and took the thermometer from my mouth and read the temperature. “110.5° Fahrenheit,” she said, “that is a common temperature for a demon and if it was for a human you’d be burning up, you aren’t even breaking a sweat.”

She tried to sound nice as she put the thermometer down and began walking over to me with the needle, I instantly let out a whine and jumped out of my seat. “George. Calm down and it will be over in a moment, just let me take some of your blood and then we are done… Dream should be back here soon.”

The door to the room was shut and I knew that if she or Dream chased me to try and get my blood I wouldn’t be able to outrun them since I am nowhere near as fast as a demon. So instead I ran to the corner of the room and felt my claws extend, they were small and pathetic but I think she got the hint.

“Back off,” I hissed, “you aren’t taking any of my blood. You aren’t going to fucking touch me, especially not with a needle.”
My eyes narrowed as I glared at her and she let out a sigh as she began releasing her scent in the air. It smelt somewhat sweet, probably like berries or tea, but I was barely fazed.

“George please just calm down,” Doctor Walker smiled, “I know getting blood taken can be scary but it is fine besides hurting for a few moments. I always have lollipops if one of those will help.”
Was she patronizing me? Actually, it didn’t matter if she did or not since I wouldn’t let her take my blood if she was patronizing me or not.

My eyes glanced around rapidly for an escape as Doctor Walker approached me. Smash through the window to my left, or push her back and run to the door on my right, both good options. I just wanted to find Dream, why did the doctor have to send him away? I whined at the thought before turning my attention back to her.

She got close enough to me while still releasing her scent and I gritted my teeth, before ducking under her arms and running to the door. I feel like she could smell the anger radiating off of me but chose to ignore it as she sighed and began walking over to me again. Before she got the chance to get close to me I opened the door and ran out of it, heading for the kitchen where Dream had finished making some hot drinks as well as a glass of juices and some food.

Thankfully he wasn’t holding anything as I jumped into his arms because it would have instantly fallen to the floor as he desperately caught me. I buried my head in the crook of his neck as my legs wrapped around his waist and his arms moved to wrap around my lower back.

I nuzzled my head into his neck as I heard Doctor Walker stepping into the room behind me, the clicking of her heels being easy to hear as she walked over the tiled kitchen floor. She let out a small sigh and Dream looked over at her curiously, “have you taken his blood already?” he asked her, and I turned back to see her shaking her head.

“I tried too, but he freaked out and came running to you. So maybe you should help.” when I looked at her I expected to see her ocean blue eyes glowing with anger or irritation but they looked as they did when she arrived, maybe she was used to humans trying to run from her.

“Well sure, what could I help with?” Dream asked as he began carrying me back into the living room. I squirmed in his grip before giving up as he released his scent.
“Just hold him, then I can take some of his blood and get a lab to analyze it…” Doctor Walker explained as she signalled for Dream to sit down.

He adjusted me in his lap and I glared back at him, “you are a traitor,” I hissed as Doctor Walker grabbed another syringe and took the safety off of it.
Dream looked sad that I had called him that but gave me a kiss on the forehead as the doctor walked back over to us, “you aren’t well George and her analysing your blood might be able to help. Even if I never want you to get hurt.”

I opened my mouth to respond but stopped when he nuzzled into my neck. Instead I craned my head to the side and let him continue to nuzzle before looking back up to see the doctor approaching us with the needle. “Keep him distracted, it might be easier,” Doctor Walker told Dream and he nodded.

The blond demon moved one of his hands up to cup my cheek and force me to look at him as he kissed my face gently. His scent continued to loom in the air as he forced my eyes to stay focused on him but I flinched and began to squirm when I first felt her disinfecting the skin with a cold pad, then felt the needle get inserted into my left arm.

Immediately I tried to wiggle free, but Dream held me there and shushed me as I whimpered and he kissed my face gently. The needle hurt as did the rest of my arm as the syringe’s barrel filled with my crimson coloured blood.

Eventually Doctor Walker pulled out the needle once the barrel was full she and Dream both let out a sigh of relief as she put the safety cap onto the tip of the needle. I, however, shifted into my second form and made my way under Dream’s hoodie, curling up under there against his chest and away from the evil woman.

She looked at Dream and said something to him that I didn’t understand as I heard her putting all her stuff away and getting ready to leave. A moment later I was pulled out from under the blonds hoodie as he stood up and walked Doctor Walker to the door. Noo, don’t go with that evil woman, stay with me…

Obviously I wasn’t going to follow him so I just curled up on one of the pillows on the couch and waited for him. After way too long he returned and lifted me up, bringing my small pathetic cat form up to eye level and kissing me on my furry head. “I’m sorry about that, I know Doctors are annoying, especially if they take your blood.”

I mumbled something about how I forgave him and he purred after hearing the apology. Me, I just wanted to go back to bed now that my arm is sore.
_________________________________________
1484 words.

So I haven't decided which of the 3 stories you saw on the previous chapter to do first. It seemed about a split vote on what I saw.

Anyway, it'll be quite a while before then but here is a bit about the DNF hunger games AU for you to read first.

Hunger Games.

Almost 5 years after the destruction of District 12, and the death of the rebellion including the deaths of Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark.

President Schlatt, the leader of Panem along with head GameMaker Sam both figured the rebellion happened because girls and boys could mix during the game and decide to forbid it.

So now every 6 months 2 boys or 2 girls go from the 11 districts. George gets reaped as one of the tributes from District 3 and during his time in the Capitol before the games he grows especially close with his District partner Darryl and a boy from District 4 called Clay.

This might be one of the toughest Hunger Games for the game makers yet, with a storm due over the arena which could destroy it and let them free so the pressure is on...