Chapter 21: the hospital

Skeppy POV.

I laid Darryl down on the bed. He was still crying and I was still trying to calm him with my sea salt scent, but it wasn't working. He just curled up with his back to me. I was going to climb onto the bed and pull him in for a hug but he didn't seem like that's what he wanted.

After a while of me just trying to calm him down I found out I was unsuccessful which was weird. I have never heard of a human not being affected by a demon's scent. I disappeared from the room after his sniffles and cries quietened down, and looked it up on Google. Apparently a human was unaffected by a demon's pheromones when their mental health was really badly affected.

It was a shock and made me let out a sad whine. Then I decided that I would do anything to try and repair my relationship with him.

One week later.✨

I was freaking out tremendously, Darryl hadn't eaten for days, just laid on his bed and cried until his tears dried out or until he fell asleep. After 3 or 4 days I got him admitted to a hospital and put on an IV drip. The moment I did George and Karl started fighting Sapnap, Quackity, and Dream, so they had brought the humans along.

Neither of them had left Darryl's side, Darryl let them cuddle with him but refused to let me near him and it made me sad. I just stayed in the corner. It hurt to have him hating me and I stayed in my second form, laying curled up and watching him with my crystal eyes glazed over.

Dream, Sapnap, and Quackity had not left either, just staying watching George, Karl, and Darryl on the bed. Currently the humans were all asleep and the demons had turned their attention from their pets to me. "Skeppy... are you okay? You've barely moved since you brought Darryl here a couple days ago." Dream said, looking down at me and I barely moved my gaze off of my human.
"He's not going to answer Dream, he hasn't any other time you tried talking to him." Sapnap stated, he began talking to the other 2 but I wasn't paying attention.

I let out a huff, not taking my eyes off of Darryl. I felt bad for hurting his friends. He ran off and it felt heart breaking, I was certain that we had been bonding. I knew what had gone wrong, and I felt extremely bad. I should have told Darryl what I had done, explained it to him in a  reasonable way instead of him figuring it out on his own and let his mind fill in the blanks.

Since we got back I had tried everything to fix the situation. I also tried to fix it with the family I attacked. Though I gave it as much effort as I could, they didn't forgive me, not that I expected them too.

Darryl POV.

Karl and George had their hands holding mine, with one laying either side of me. Neither wanted to leave me since I got in here, so obviously Dream, Sapnap, and Quackity were all here too. As it had been for the past couple days when the electronic alarm in the room beeped at 7:30am and soon after a nurse came in to deliver everyone breakfast.

Both of the humans on either side of me sat up and yawned. She gave them both a tray of hospital food and offered one to me which I once again refused with a shake of my head. The nurse then gave a tray of food to each of the demons.

Skeppy had been sitting in the corner in his second form since he put me in here and the nurse attempted to put a plate of food in front of him but he just growled, like he had been doing every other time. The demon just kept his attention on me, the way that he had every moment we've been here.

For some reason he made me feel guilty, as though I did something wrong. But I didn't... right?

"There is so much tension in this room," Quackity stated, causing the other 2 demons to glare at him.
Dream sighed, "maybe we need to give these two time alone... we have been here for a couple days anyway."
Sapnap and Quackity looked over at each other before giving a nod. The ravenette walked the length of the room and picked up Karl who struggled in his grip for a moment until Sapnap began releasing his stupid pheromone thing. It got Karl to calm down but just made me angrier.

"Please. Let me stay with Darryl." Karl pleaded, and Sapnap gave him an apologetic look but shook his head.
"We should probably go home so you can change and eat some edible food, not like this hospital crap." he explained, "but we could come back tomorrow... possibly."

Karl looked confused and ready to object but the ravenette hushed him before he walked out of the room with Quackity behind him. I rolled over and felt George wrap his arms around me, clearly wanting to stay. "George..." his demon sighed, moving over to the bed and shaking my friend's shoulder. "Come on, Georgie... we need to go. I have to go home and work."
"No." George mumbled, tightening his grip around me, "I'm not leaving Darryl alone."

The blond let out a sigh, "you can see him later, I promise. Come on please." Dream pretty much begged. George shook his head, then groaned as Dream wrapped his arms around his back and lifted him up.
"No. Please stay..." I mumbled, grabbing George's arm with my right hand.
Dream put his hand on top of mine and gently pulled it off, "we promise we will come visit later Darryl. I just think you may need some time alone with Skeppy."

We both looked over to the diamond demon still laying in the corner. I didn't want to be alone with him, not after he hurt my friends. But why would Dream care about that, he just stood up and left with George in his arms.

I looked back to the demon who was sitting on the floor, still being difficult.

He barely moves, maybe he wouldn't notice if I stood up and walked out of the room.

Before I could decide to do anything there was a knock on the door. Skeppy adjusted his gaze slightly so he could see both me and the door at the same time. "Come in." I said, although I could tell Skeppy was opposed to the idea, he didn't do or say anything.

I was surprised when I saw Philza hobbling into the room supporting his weight on a crutch. I sat up straighter and smiled. "Philza... are... are you okay?"
I sent several glances over to Skeppy who was watching intently.
"Yes I'm fine, are you okay Darryl? I heard you weren't eating." Philza said as his gaze followed mine to see Skeppy and he shifted awkwardly.

"I'm fine I guess... and I have this IV drip on so it's not like I don't get fed, it alerts the staff here if I try and take it out." I explained.
"Well you should probably eat something on your own Darryl... please." he begged.
Eventually I gave a nod, "fine I'll eat when the nurse brings lunch."
"Good."

We sat and talked for a while but I could tell that Philza was uncomfortable so I gave him a smile, "maybe you should leave..."
Philza gave me a thankful look and gave me a hug before standing up, "can you maybe come and visit with Tommy, Tubbo, Ranboo, Techno, and Wilbur sometime?" I asked hopefully.
"Maybe," he replied, although he didn't seem too sure. "But my youngest 3 are staying with a friend of Wilbur's, Nihachu, and myself and my oldest 2 are still injured... especially Techno." he rubbed his head sheepishly. "I hope you get better soon Darryl."

With that he left and I was stuck alone with Skeppy again.
_________________________________________
1369 words.