Chapter 10: Fundy

Start from the beginning

Another impatient knock came from the door and so I opened it. Immediately somebody jumped into my arms, burying their face in my chest. For a moment I was surprised, Sapnap was the only one who usually visited me while I was working so I was confused. But I looked down and saw fiery red hair.

“Hey Dreamie! I missed you so much, it’s been forever.”
I looked down to see Fundy in my arms. For ages he has been convinced that I was dating him, and no matter how many times I tell him we’re not he never believes me.
“Hey Fundy… what are you doing here?” I asked.
“I just wanted to see how my awesome boyfriend is. You’ve been so busy lately, I was thinking we could go out on a date or something,” the other demon stated.

My eyes darted over the human. I was not going to leave him alone, especially to hang out with Fundy on a date. “I don’t think that I can Fundy. I have a lot of work to do. Maybe another time though.” I’m never ever going on a date with this ass.
“Okay I understand you have to stay here and work,” Fundy said in a solemn voice. “But I can stay here with you too.”

I suppressed a low growl, as long as he doesn’t wake George he can stay. It seemed that the other demon hadn’t even realised that the brunette was there. Fundy stood by the door as I moved over to the desk and gestured for him to sit opposite me. However, the demon instead moved over to me and sat straight onto my lap.

“Fundy… can you get off of me?” I asked in the politest tone I could manage, covering up the fact that I wanted to push him.
“But babe-” he whined.
I actually let out a growl this time, a low one that he could clearly hear.

I was about to yell at him when I flicked my attention over to George, he was sitting up, watching me. It was unclear what he was thinking, but he seemed confused why there was another demon here, and I was wondering what he might be thinking of and… Oh my god, Fundy is so loud.
“Fundy, can you be quiet? You just woke my human up.” I growled at him.
He seemed surprised that I had a human, since he hadn’t seen George when he came in. Still, Fundy mumbled a sorry, which I didn't actually think he meant. “I didn’t even notice it was there. How long have you had it for anyway?”

The way that Fundy called George an ‘it’ made me well up with anger, wanting to attack him for disrespecting my human. However, I just let out a sigh and growled before turning to the red-haired demon. “His name is George and he is not an ‘it.’ But I have only had him for a day and a half now.”
“Don’t growl at me,” Fundy huffed, “I am your boyfriend after all.”

You aren’t my boyfriend and won’t ever be. “You aren’t my boyfriend Fundy… remember that.” I instructed as I pushed him off of my lap. I expected Fundy to protest but he didn’t, instead he moved closer to George, which made the fire in my eyes glow brighter at the sight of my human worry. “Calm down Dream, I’m just looking at him.” Fundy tried to reassure me but I didn’t listen to him.

“He doesn’t want you to look at him.” I told the demon, his eyes met mine for a moment before his attention went back to George. “Back off Fundy.” As I spoke I moved between the 2 of them, towering over both.
“Well if he’s your pet then he should listen to you, and you should let your guests look at your pet. He isn’t even smart enough to avoid getting caught so why should he think for himself here?” Fundy retorted.

As he spoke I turned and lifted George up, pulling him close to me both to reassure him in his nervous state and to remind myself not to lash out and kill Fundy since I didn’t want George to have to see that. For once, the brunette made no attempt to get out of my grip, his legs wrapped around my waist and his head rested on my shoulder. I could pretty much smell the fear rolling off of him.
“Get out Fundy before I kill you.”

Fundy seemed shocked at my request and he gave a pouting expression, “Dream you don’t mean that.” he spoke softly to me, as though I was a small child, “just calm down and we’ll discuss this.”
“We’ve discussed enough, now get the fuck out before I kill you Fundy.”

My pupils dilated, I felt myself beginning to slip into my second form, getting ready to attack and kill him. Claws were beginning to grow from my hands which I readjusted to not hurt George. Thankfully Fundy got the hint and stepped out of the room. As I regained my composure, my hand trailed up and down my human’s back.

After a minute of silence I lowered George onto the couch and sat down beside him. “Who was that?”
I acknowledged his question and my eyes brushed over to meet his, before shrugging my shoulders and answering, “that’s Fundy. He’s convinced the two of us are together.”
“Why does he think that?”
George looked genuinely curious and so I struggled to suppress a chuckle.

“I think he liked me in high school or something… after that I’m not exactly sure.” I let out a huff of annoyance. "He can't seem to understand that I am not interested."
George let out a small giggle, his laugh sounded so cute. "How long have I been asleep for?" he questioned after a minute.
"A couple of hours. I've done more than enough work for now if you wanted to go into town."

George seemed cautious at first, probably worrying it might be some sort of trap to hurt him, as if I’d ever hurt my human. After a moment of contemplation he gave a nod. “Sure.” he smiled.
_________________________________________
1790 words.