"Nosy. Sounds about right." Exusiai's words were but a small whisper of pessimistic thought. I need to talk to her soon. It was difficult to keep her partner out of the loop this long, though the personal battles Exusiai currently was going through needed appropriate attention as well. And Texas was no attention hog. I can solve plenty without help. No point in raising alarms.

The journey home loomed over her.

It was happening.

Soon.

"What Lupo asked this of you. Do you know his name?"

Suspicion burned in her stomach. Things tended to be more connected then one often realized. Sweat rolled down Crownslayer's face as a part of her instinctively tried to press back from the sharp blade. Texas did not relent, detecting the subtle undertones of Mostima's magic continuing to dutifully keep the commander pinned.

If Crownslayer was surprised by the pronoun she kept it to herself as her head shook. "I don't know what you're asking."

"Who sent you here?" Lappland growled, itching to get involved by the timber of her voice.

"These people, were they Sicilians by any chance? Or perhaps a hooded figure approached you. Maybe he told you they'd give Reunion extra funds for their upcoming fights, provided you made sure Penguin Logistics was well and truly hampered by the fighting in Lungmen to the point where they were unable to traverse from here."

"Traverse from here?" Croissant echoed in confusion.

"What are you talking about?" Sora had similar concerns.

Texas answered neither, and ignored the discontented noise from Exusiai too. She would tell them what was going on. Just not here. Not in front of an enemy. Keeping her words cryptic was for the best.

"Answer us." She reiterated, tone bland and icy all at once.

The frigidity was not lost on anyone, a shudder came unbidden from Crownslayer. The wild part of her was pleased. She fought back the urge to let that satisfaction show on her face. Answers mattered first and foremost, only then could she return her expression to normal.

"There was someone. He . . . never said his name, but he made it clear they knew you." A shaky finger was raised at her. Lappland's growling had the shaking intensifying. Texas had her wolf ears twitch. The growling relaxed, but the intimidating presence beside her remained as potent as the sewage they stood in.

"Continue."

"There was two, no, three of them. Two Sicilians and—"

"Two Sicilians and what?"

Crownslayer frowned. "The last one, he was a wolf, but it was impossible to tell what kind. He seemed to be their leader."

"Is that all you have to say? I could just end this right now." Texas proved her point by edging the blade just that tiny bit more.

Crownslayer's feet touched the ground now, not that it mattered in any sense. Texas had made sure there was no escape from the interrogatee. As such, Mostima's magic kept the redhead in a firm hold. No release unless I give the signal. In this way the fallen remained reliable.

"I-I swear there's nothing else."

"Oh really. You seem pretty useless then." Lappland swaggered a tiny step closer. "Maybe we should just kill her now Texas. She seems to have no use left anyways and I wager the LGD will make an exception on your little killing rule."

It's not a rule. It's a law. She had half a mind to remind Lappland of this, but one small glance her girlfriend's way gave out intentions. There was a smirk mixing in with those mischievous eyes.