Drivers License/ Zach

I had finally gotten it, it took forever and a lit of hope but it happened. I could finally drive!

I got my drivers' license last week, just like we always talked about. 'cause you were so excited for me, to finally drive up to your house.

"Babe everything will be fine, I promise!" Zach had told me, but I wasn't listening. I was way too nervous for the drivers test.

"But what if I fail?" I asked and he rolled his eyes.

"I passed, and I'm an idiot! You'll be just fine, I promise. Plus, then you'll be able to drive to my house and see me," He states but I wasn't buying it.

"You just don't want to have to drive!"

He laughed, "Ok true, but I also an excited for you!"

"You're a dork," I giggled, "you know that right?

"Oh I know!" He leaned in and kissed me softly.

But today I drove through the suburbs, crying 'cause you weren't around.

It had been 2 weeks since Zach had called it quits but I couldn't stop thinking about him. He took up all the space in my mind, leaving no room for anything else. I cried as I drove, passing every sign and house. I missed his dearly but I couldn't do anything about it. He was gone.

And you're probably with that blonde girl, who always made me doubt. She's so much older than me. She's everything I'm insecure about. Yeah, today I drove through the suburbs; 'cause how could I ever love someone else.

Her. Kay Cook. She was beautiful and everything I had wanted. Her silky blonde hair was shiny and perfect, her teeth were as sparkly as diamonds. Her skin glowed in the sunshine and her beautiful blue eyes were like the ocean. Everything she had made me insecure, I was covered in flaws and she had zero. I was younger than Zach and maybe he didn't like that. She was older and more mature, something he deserved. I kept driving through his street, the suburbs. Each time made me feel something and that's all I wanted. To feel something. I couldn't get over him and I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to. I wouldn't be able to love someone else.

And I know we weren't perfect but I've never felt this way for no one. And I just can't imagine how you could feel so okay, now that I'm gone. Guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me. 'Cause you said forever, now I drive alone past your street.

Love song. It was a perfect love song and all the lyrics were towards me. Zach had helped Daniel write it and when I first heard it, my heart exploded. It was the sweetest thing anyone had ever done to me. After I listened to it, he stated that we were forever and ever. He lied. And now, I listened to the song sobbing as I drove past his street. I still reminisced on the first time I had heard it, remembering the way I felt when I heard the lyrics.

And all my friends are tired, of hearing how much I miss you. But, I kinda feel sorry for them, 'cause they'll never know you the way that I do. Yeah, today I drove through the suburbs and pictured I was driving home to you.

"Y/N, we get it. I know you miss him but you have to get over him. He doesn't deserve you" Gabbie said, trying to help me. I never listened though, they didn't understand the pain I felt. He moved on so quickly but I was left with heartbreak, and nothing but it. I felt bad for the constant crying and annoying them but they put up with me. They only ever though of Zach as an idiot but I knew who he truly was.

And I know we weren't perfect but I've never felt this way for no one. But I've never felt this way for no one, oh. And I just can't imagine how you could be so okay, now that I'm gone. I guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me. 'Cause you said forever, now I drive alone past your street.

We were anything but perfect. We fought like any other couple but the love I had for him made his actions feel less bad. He was everything to me and I didn't care what he did, as long as he stayed. I never felt this sort of love for anyone in my life! That's why I was so hurt when he left out of no where. I thought he felt the same love I did and I could only help but blame myself.

Red lights, stop signs. I still see your face in the white cars, front yards. Can't drive the past the places we used to go to. 'Cause I still fucking love you babe.

I couldn't go anywhere without seeing Zach. The memories we made were too vivid and new. Every white car I drove past, I hoped was you, just so I could see you face again. It reminded me of when he drove me to the park and we had popcorn. I couldn't stand that park anymore, or the ice cream place that was by my house. They were too much like Zach. I still loved him and I hated myself for it.

Sidewalks we crossed. I still hear your voice in the traffic, we're laughing. Over all the noise. God, I'm so blue, know we're through. But, I still fucking love you babe.

The LA traffic was always a struggle and annoying. Zach always told me jokes and talked about my day when we were stopped. We would laugh and smile, ignoring the annoying traffic and enjoying each others company. I looked out the window, seeing all the cars pulled up and I wished that he was beside me, telling the same jokes as before. I still heard them ringing in my ears, but I wasn't laughing this time; I was sobbing. I didn't know the right work to use to describe it. Sad, lonely, depressed. Blue. I felt blue because I still loved him. And sadly, I still hated myself for it.

I know we weren't perfect but I've never felt this way for no one. And I just can't imagine how you could be so okay, now that I'm gone. 'Cause you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me. 'Cause you said forever, now I drive alone past your street. Yeah, you said forever, now I drive alone past your street.

I didn't understand how Zach could feel so normal and fine. Inside and out, I was hurt and bruised. He hurt me to the core but he was feeling just fine. We were living two different lives, he was happy with the girl of his dreams and I was sad with absolutely no one. I wanted to be happy for him but it was impossible. I continued to listen to love song, sobbing as I drove past his street. It felt like a routine at this point but I was used to it. He said we were forever, but he lied. Zach Herron was a liar. And I felt betrayed.

A/N- hey guys!! I think this is my first time writing a song imagine with the actual lyrics in it. I hope you guys enjoy it, should I do more of these? My fingers hurt from writing this. I was like a speed demon the whole time. Once my fingers started writing this imagine, I couldn't stop.