Protect/ Jonah

Highschool. One of my least favourite places to be. I love the work and learning but I hate the people. They are all so mean to me. They call me a nerd and shit like that all the time. It's not my fault I'm smart. They are a group of girls that always say shit behind my back and make rumours. Then there are a group of guys who push me around and use me as there punching bag.

It was a regular Friday afternoon. I was grabbing my books from my locker when someone had to come by. Nathan. The leader of the boys. He came up and started talking. "Hey dipshit" "leave me alone Nathan" "oh yeah, what are you gonna do about it" he got up in my face.

I continued to grab my books and close my locker. He grabbed my bracelet off my wrist. Jonah made it for me. He came over and my little sister Maddie helped him make it.

"Give it back Nathan" "nah, I think I'll just keep it" he held it up high and his friends backed him up. I tried jumping for it but there was no use. Being 5'1 and him almost being 6 feet tall. I just sighed and looked down. "She said give it back" I looked and saw Jonah. I frowned even more, knowing what's gonna happen.

Nathan shook his head and Jonah through a punch to his face. People were crowding around and yelling "fight". This was too much for me. I ran out of the school and to Jonah's car. A couple tears fell down my cheek. Why were people always being mean to me? And why did Jonah have to make a scene?

I continued to cry slightly for what felt like hours. I heard the car door unlock and I got in the passenger seat. I set my books in the back seat and saw Jonah walking towards the car. I turned the opposite way as him and looked out the window, as he opened the door.

School wasn't even over, I just wanted to go home as soon as possible. I was tired and pissed off. I needed to lay down and go to bed.

He pulled out of the parking lot and got on the road. He rested his hand on my thigh and I quickly pushed it off. I moved more towards the window and didn't even look at him. I felt like crying again but I was too mad to. I took a glance at him and saw his face. He looked frustrated and continued to drive.

He had dried blood on his knuckles and bruises on his face. I turned away again and frowned. "Why are you mad at me? I was protecting you" "I don't need your help, I was fine" "oh so now you start talking" he yelled. I sighed and turned towards the window again. "Oh here, I got your fucking bracelet. I had to beat this kids ass for it, but you seem to not be appreciating that" he through the bracelet at me.

I put my bracelet on my wrist and a tear fell down my cheek. Then it was two tears and then it was hundreds. I let out a loud sob accidentally. I didn't even care anymore, sobs escapes my lips by the second.

Jonah gave me a glance and his face softened. He pulled over into a parking lot and parked the car. "Baby, come here" I unbuckled my seat belt and crawled over the seat. He unbuckled too and I crawled on his lap. I wrapped my legs around his waist and cried into his shoulder.

He rubbed my back and I pulled away. "Baby, I'm so sorry I yelled at you. I didn't mean to make you upset. Please forgive me babygirl" he cooed. I wiped my eyes and looked at him in the eyes. "Its ok jo" "no it's not, you're crying" "not because of you" "then what's wrong princess?" "Everyone at school, they beat me up and make fun of me all the time. I would switch schools but this is the best school in our town. They hurt me to the point where I want to drop out. But I can't, I need to go college."

"Baby, we're in 12th grade. It's not that much longer for us to be in this school. Trust me, anyone who bugs you I'll beat their ass. No one gets to treat the love of my life like that" I smiled and rubbed my thumbs on his cheeks. We stared into each others eyes and smiled.

"Just kiss me already" he said. "But I don't want to hurt your busted lip" I replied. "It'll be worth it" I smiled, and kissed his lips ever so slightly. I was as gentle as can be. He didn't seem to like it and deepened the kiss. We pulled away for air and continued to stare.

"Thank you for protecting me" "of course, I'm always gonna protect you." "What did you even do?" "I kinda maybe sorta broke his nose" "babe" I hit his shoulder playfully. "I love you babygirl so much, please don't forget that. And I will do anything for you" "I love you too cutie" I replied with a kiss.

He was my knight in shining armor. I'll always be grateful for him.