Embarrassed/ Zach part 2

I woke up to see Zach laying his head on my chest. Within a second, all the memories from last night flooded my head. I knew how much Zach was hurt by our daughters words. Surely Ella didn't mean what she said. I hope.

I slowly got up, making sure Zachs head layed softly on the couch and went to the kitchen. I made a coffee quietly and drank it at the table, as I scrolled through my phone.

I heard something odd. I looked to see if it was Zach but he was fast asleep. I still heard something, and I wasn't quite sure what it was. I looked around and finally decided to go look upstairs.

I walked past Ella's room and heard the noise get louder. It must be her. I knocked lightly and it went silent. She slowly opened the door and I looked at her. "Can i come in?" I asked. "Yeah" she let me in and I sat on her bed.

"We can't just forget what happened last night. What you said really hurt your father, he's just trying to protect you. OK? And what you said really really hurt him" I said. She bursted into tears instantly. My eyes went wide as I watched her hold her face.

"Ella whats going on?" I rubbed her back. "I-i didn't mean it a-and I didn't know it h-hurt him" she was getting choked up. "Why don't you go talk to him, he should be up by now" she nodded and i followed her down the stairs. Sobs still escaping her lips.

Zach took a glance and she wiped her tears. "D-dad, im sorry for what I said. I-i could never hate you, im so stupid" she cried. "Ella, you aren't stupid. You're one of the smartest people I know. You just needed your time and I understand" he responded. She started to cry harder.

Zach pulled her into his chest and rubbed her back as she cried. It was heart warming seeing them this close. They kept eachother in a tight grip, just enjoying the quiet. I smiled to myself, loving my cute family.