hope ur ok - holland!reader

Start from the beginning

Your birthday is coming up and he wanted everything planned out. He already had plans, actually. He knew what cake you wanted, he knew what decorations to put up, he planned the food, and he even had a theme in mind. He was really prepared. Paddy had to go with Tom in town just to buy balloons. Tom was really going all out.

"Are you going to help me set up tonight? Y/N's birthday is tomorrow and I want her to be surprised when she wakes up. I can already imagine her face." Tom smiled excitedly as he parked the car in the driveway.

"I can't help you tonight. I have homework." Paddy said as he looked at Tom who just shrugged. "Alright. No problem. Stay in school, Pads." Tom smiled before exiting his car with Paddy following him.

They walked in and Tom saw you sitting on the arm of the couch with Sam and Harry. Tom smiled at the sight. "Hey, guys!" He greeted, causing the three of you to look at Tom and Paddy.

"Wow, you went shopping for a lot of things." Harry pointed out.

"Yeah, what's up with that?" Sam asked with a grin.

"Nothing." Tom smirked. "I'll put these in my room." Tom left and went upstairs to his room as Paddy walked to the couch and sat next to you. You looked at Paddy and smiled. You weren't close with him, but you loved him dearly. You were only one year younger than him and he was always kind to you and you liked hanging out with him.

You looked at Sam and Harry and you held back a chuckle as you watch them annoy each other. It was a lovely sight to see.

Night time came and dinner was over a few hours ago. You were just standing in your backyard feeling the wind blowing and you knew that something was about to happen. You just didn't know what. The backdoor opened and you turned around to see Tom with a small smile.

"What're you doing out here? It's cold." He said as he tugged his jacket closer. He walked towards you and stood beside you. "What's on your mind?"

You shrugged, "Nothing. I guess I'm just tired. I think I'll rest now."

Tom nodded. He suddenly remembered his plan and said, "Yeah, you can go upstairs now. I, uh, prepared your room."

"Thank you." You smiled at him. You walked towards the back door and stopped to turn around to look at Tom. He was already looking at you and you said, "I- Good night, Tom."

"Good night, Y/N. Sweet dreams." He smiled sweetly. You opened the door and walked in and went straight up the stairs to your room.

Tom stayed outside for a minute before walking in. He locked the back door and went to the living room where his brothers were. "Hey, guys! Ready to decorate?" Tom asked with a huge smile on his face. It was evident that he was excited.

"What're you talking about?" Sam asked, looking at Tom with a confused face.

"Yeah, what's happening?" Paddy questioned.

Tom scoffed and crossed his arms, "How could you guys forget?! It's our sister's birthday tomorrow and you guys aren't preparing at all!"

Tom was yelling as the rest were looking at him sadly. Sam's eyes were clouded with tears as he looked at Tom. Harry and Paddy looked at Sam, not wanting to be the ones to remind Tom. Sam sighed and closed his eyes and his tears fell. He wiped his tears and opened his eyes to face Tom.

"Tom, mate, she's dead." Sam said softly. "She's been dead for two months now."

"W-What are you talking about?" Tom shook his head slowly. He looked away from Sam and he saw you standing behind Sam. "She's right there, Sam! She's literally right behind you! How can you not see it?!"