The Shy Girl Has a Gun.

Start from the beginning

But even though we agreed it was no strings attached, I knew I was falling for him again.

So, now that I’ve given you a little bit of insight of my life and the most complicated problem I had to worry about at the time, I can tell you fully about the day that my straightforward life changed completely.

It was a Friday; I can still remember that to this day.

I rolled out of bed looking like the corpse bride and grudgingly began wondering about the room, showering and getting dressed. I flung on a pair of black leggings; a blue vest top that showed just enough cleavage that I knew would drive Jace crazy when he saw it. My dull brown hair was always straight, and today was no different.

Every day I looked in the mirror, and unlike most girls who do think highly of themselves, I never did. Like I said, my hair was dull and brown like my eyes, my skin was not albino pale but it was in no way tanned. My figure was okay but I could do with losing a few pounds even I admit. I wasn’t fat, but I was not what you would consider thin. My mum still says its puppy fat. I didn’t really care though, I had friends and I had a guy who was willing to cheat on his girlfriend to sleep with me, so I couldn’t be that repulsive.

I applied some make up, which only included foundation and a bit of mascara. Like my hair, I never overdid it. In a way I didn’t want to draw unwanted attention to myself. On my way out of my room, I grabbed Jace’s hoodie that he had left here a few days back and flung it on. It was warm outside but not warm enough to go out without a jacket.

I peeked in my mum and dad’s room, and saw they were still asleep. I could hear my dad’s snores from down the hall when I was in my room. I let them sleep as it was one of the only days off they both had together, and just made my way downstairs leaving for school.

To this day, I regret not waking them up and leaving without saying any final words to them.

That was the last time I would see my parents.

The walk to school took me 15 minutes, and as soon as I arrived I spotted Chelsea, Holly and Dylan sat on the wall outside of school. Holly was texting on her phone; probably to some guy she would meet at the weekend, hook up with and then throw away because he got too clingy. She was like the female version of a player. With her slim figure, long flowing brown hair and confident stride, she could pull it off.

Chelsea was sat on the wall while Dylan was in front of her, whispering something in her ear that made her laugh like a fool. Chelsea was tall and her dark blonde hair reached her waist. She had the type of figure and smile that most female models would literally gut a chicken for. Dylan was perfect for her, with his short brown hair, muscled arms and chest and the slight bit of stubble he kept on his face to, and I quote, ‘make him look dangerous’.

All my friends were loud, outspoken and made themselves known around the school. I sometimes wondered how they were my friends because I was completely different. I blended in to the background; there was nothing about me that stood out.

“Faith!” Chelsea yelled out, pushing Dylan away from her and jumping off the wall. She ran over to me and engulfed me in her arms. She pulled away, and narrowed her eyes at me “How many times do I have to tell you to wear those cute little short shorts that I picked out for you?!”

I grimaced, remembering the shopping trip with her and Holly that led to her picking out a bunch of clothes for me that still had labels on them and were stuffed deep at the back of my wardrobe. There was no way I would go out in public wearing those clothes with people looking at me.

“Chelsea, you may have the body of a lingerie model, but I have the body of a plus size clothing line model.” I pointed out, and she punched me in the arm.