Fault

Maul, Jaune, Yang and Ren drive their hover bikes across the tundra just outside Mantle, following The Hound up into a rocky chasm.

Jaune: It's going to lose us in these mountains! We can't keep up!

Ren's bike starts shaking, and he looks at the frost-covered display, to find its engine is losing integrity.

Ren: I don't know how much longer these bikes can stand the cold.

Yang: I'm really wishing one of us could fly right now.

Jaune: Wait, hold on!

Jaune deploys his shield on his arm and hits the brakes on his bike, moving back to drive parallel with Ren.

Jaune: Ren, going to get you up there.

Jaune lifts his shield up, and Ren leaps from his hoverbike to land on Jaune's shield. Jaune charges the Gravity Dust in his shield and blasts Ren toward The Hound. As he flies through the air, Maul raises his hand launching him farther.

Ren launches one of StormFlower's blade cables and wraps it around The Hound's hind leg.

Yang: Nice!

Yang highfives Jaune, causing Jaune to briefly lose balance on his bike. The Hound begins flying more erratically, slamming Ren against cliffs.

Yang: (over comms) Okay, not as nice.

Jaune: He's slowing him down. (over comms) Hold on, Ren!

Ren: I don't have much of a choice!

Ren shoots his other blade cable, wrapping it around a boulder to further slow The Hound. However, The Hound suddenly pulls up, causing the cable to come loose from the boulder, with the blade zipping past Yang, Maul and Jaune.

The Hound slams Ren onto the ground and against pillars, continuing on its way through the chasm. Yang spots an incline to her left and drives up it onto a cliff parallel to The Hound, where she begins shooting it in the head. The Hound lowers Oscar Pine from its mouth into its hands and flies faster, leaving Yang confused. The Hound then lets out a loud roar, and the earth begins trembling before a horde of Centinels emerge from the ground, cliffs and archways.

Yang: Did it just call for backup?

A Teryx swoops at Yang, who leans away and drives over an arch. Down below, Jaune slashes Centinels in half as he passes them while a flock of Teryxes flies behind him. Maul extends a single blade and slices through the Sentinels not slowing down.

Ren continues to hold onto StormFlower's cable, which has been detached from the gun. He watches what is happening on the ground, then looks up at The Hound, seeing Oscar pale and unconscious in its arms. Ren holsters his second gun and begins pulling himself along the cable toward The Hound.

A Centinel spits acid onto the engine of Jaune's hoverbike. As she zips across a stone arch above, Yang calls out to him.

Yang: Jaune!

A pair of Centinels twist around each other, heading straight for Jaune from behind. He sheathes his sword and leaps from his bike, then uses his shield's Gravity blast to bounce off a Centinel's head onto a stone arch. He tucks, rolls and teeters on the opposite edge before Yang drives by and grabs him, swinging him onto the back of her bike.

Maul tried to catch up, but his engine begins sputtering. Making him slam a fist on the engine out of anger.

Maul: No!

The engine stops entirely, flinging Maul from the seat as Yang, and Jaune look back.

Maul: Keep going! Save Oscar!