Family

Ruby Rose sat in her room, doodling while looking out of the window, being quite bored. Zwei sat in her lap fast asleep, she sighed, petting the small corgi, before going back to stare out of the window.

Her sister Yang had been accepted into Beacon recently, while happy for her sister, Ruby couldn't help but feel a little jealous. Sure, Yang was two years older, but Ruby felt she could qualify as well.

Ruby shook her head, expelling the negative thoughts. Think on the bright side Ruby, in two years, you could apply and join Beacon yourself!

Ruby sighed and looked out the window once more, she instantly stood, Zwei hopped off her lap and onto the floor. She stared out the window, seeing the rapidly approaching fireball.

Running out of her room, she ran into her father Taiyang.

Taiyang: Whoa! What's the rush?

Ruby: Outside! Large fireball!

Taiyang looked at her quizzically, Yang popping her head out of the room, looking at the two of them. Ruby zipped past her father and ran out the door, Yang and Taiyang flowing close behind.

Once Qrow launched into the air, he unbuckled himself from the seat and transformed into his crow form. Following the wreckage, Qrow felt an odd sense of familiarity with the surrounding landscape. Qrow saw the house of Taiyang, only then realizing where they were. He calmed down once he saw the bullhead on a clear path to miss the house.

Qrow dove down to a tree, perching on it, he shifted back into human form. Hopping onto the ground, Qrow ran towards the crash site.

As he ran out of the forest, only one thing circled in Qrow's mind. It was probably due to his damn semblance that they crashed. His bad luck semblance making the already damaged thrusters explode.

Nearing the wreckage, he saw that his family had already gone to investigate the crash. Ruby was outside staring in shock, before turning to talk to him.

Ruby: Uncle Qrow!

Ruby used her semblance tackling Qrow with a hug. Qrow quickly hugged back before lifting her off him and moving towards the flaming wreckage. Qrow ran closer towards the wreckage but stopped when he saw Taiyang and his other daughter outside as well.

Qrow: Tai! Help me over here! There's still someone inside!

Taiyang: Qrow... I don't know if anyone could survi -

Taiyang was cut off by the groaning of metal, Qrow turned to see the bullhead slowly lifting up.

(A/N I know this is technically Vader lifting an AT-DP in the rebels series, but I think it illustrates what's happening perfectly

(A/N I know this is technically Vader lifting an AT-DP in the rebels series, but I think it illustrates what's happening perfectly.)

Vader lifted the wreckage above his head and tossed it behind him. The wreckage landing with a thud. Noticing the fire, and that it would spread very quickly, Vader outstretched his hand willing the force to move.