The farmboy

Oscar awoke in his bed, yawning as he felt the sun on his face. Getting off the bed, he stretched and got dressed before going to work.

He grabbed a bucket and walked over to the pump, beginning to pump, water flowed through and into the bucket, he was about to return the bucket to his house when he saw something strange in the field. A man was lying there.

Setting the bucket down, Oscar crept closer observing the strange man. He wore some type of robe, his legs were completely mechanic, he had red and black tattoos covering his body, and horns on his head.

Debating whether or not to help this man, he decided to. Grabbing him by the shoulders, he dragged the strange man towards the house. Opening the door, he dragged the man inside, he was certainly heavy.

With one last heave, he set the man on the sofa, putting his legs on it as well. With that he turned and walked towards his kitchen, preparing a meal for the strange man when he woke up.

Preparing the table with silverware and plates. He set the stew on the table when he heard a groan coming from the living room. Walking over he saw the man rubbing his forehead.

Oscar: Oh, hello there!

The man quickly turned his head when he heard Oscar speak, but relaxed slightly when he saw it was only a boy.

Man: Hello... tell me, where am I?

Oscar: Oh... you're currently in my house, I found you outside lying in the field.

The man stood from the couch, taller than Oscar obviously, an act of kindness? That is unusual. thought the man, then he sniffed when he smelled the stew.

Oscar: Right! I made some food if your hungry.

Man: Thank... you. If I may, why are you doing this? Why are you being kind to me?

Oscar: It seemed like the right thing to do.

The man nodded again, pondering his words.

Man: May I use the facilities first?

Oscar: Oh, of course! Down the hall and to the right.

The man nodded and began walking, holding his hands behind him, his mechanical feet clanking as he walked on the wood.

The man opened the door, he looked in the mirror and turned his head quizzically. Instead of the yellow eyes, he had most of his life, his eyes were an indigo color now. Which was certainly odd. Your eyes changed back only when you weren't tainted with the dark side. 

His tattoos were still there, he was wearing a tight robe shirt that was blue, instead of black like he usually wore. He pondered killing the boy, but he felt a disturbance in the force when he thought like that, obviously wanting him not to. He was obviously younger, he could see that on his face.

Man: Why would the force revive me of all people? 

The man questioned, he felt to his belt, seeing he still had his double-bladed lightsaber. Satisfied, he opened the door and walked back to the main room. Seeing Oscar sitting at the table he took the seat across from him.

Oscar: I never caught your name?

Man: I am Maul.

With that, Maul grabbed his spoon and began to eat his stew, Oscar doing the same thing. Maul stared at the farmboy, feeling the urge to protect him for some reason. He had to admit the stew was surprisingly good.

The man felt multiple presences approach the house, questioning this, he raised his head. Oscar did as well and paled when he heard the door knocking.