Complications

Wow... over 60k reads. Thanks for all the support!

The sun slowly set, the large star began to hide behind the mountains that surrounded the abandoned Dust mine. Four trucks drove up the road that led to the entrance, and Amity colosseum floats towards it as well. Soon after the trucks come to a complete stop, the Ace Ops walk out of the darkness with Qrow by their side.

The rest slowly exit behind, Jaune, Ruby, and Nora looking at the Ace Ops with stars in their eyes. Pyrrha and Ren exchanged concerned glances worried about their teammates.

Nora: (high pitched) Aaaah!

Jaune quickly zips over to Clover's side.

Jaune: You guys were incredible!

Jaune zipped over in front of Clover, enthusiastically gesturing as he continued to speak.

Jaune: Oh, the way you took down that Geist without needing to plan your tactics out, you knew exactly what to do!

Clover: Well, the Ace-Ops are hand-picked to perfectly complement one another. So we can focus on our assets and leave out liabilities behind.

Elm looked over her shoulder and spots Nora who stared at her with wide eyes and an unnerving smile.

Nora: Hi. Do you need a new best friend? Our pair name can be...

Nora's eyes suddenly spark with pink electricity, she holds her hammer high over her head with both hands as lightning strikes in the background.

Nora: THUNDER THIGHHHHHHHHHHS!

Harriet stares at Nora with a confused expression, Ruby then quickly runs over to her side.

Ruby: Perfect complementary teamwork. Oh, yeah, I want to have my friends' backs just like that/

Harriet: ...Friends?

Harriet questioned this with a raised eyebrow.

Elm: (laughs) This isn't the schoolyard, kid.

From behind, Nora continued to stand proud. Ren walked over, lifting Nora who stuck in her pose as if she was a cardboard cutout, repeating herself one last time with a husky voice.

Nora: Thunder Thighs...

Yang and Blake look back at each other overhearing how Harriet and Elm responded to Ruby's comment about her friends.

Yang: But, I mean, when you go through so much with someone, it kind of changes things, doesn't it?

(A/N: Wow, as I'm writing this I realized the hidden meaning behind what Yang says here.)

Harriet: We get along well enough, sure. I count on them to keep me alive. They do the same. But that's the job. We don't confuse the two.

Harriet responds, Vader crossed his arms at this. Speaking to Din who stood next to him. Neither had barely removed their helmets since they entered Atlas. Vader learning from past mistakes, and Din heeding Vader's warning.

Vader: As I stated before.

Din: Yeah...

Clover: Oh, well look who's here.

Vader and the others all look over at Ironwood who had been speaking through a comm. The General gives a brief order to a soldier that stood beside him, the soldier salutes him before walking away.

Clover: Duty ever beckons. You all hang back for a second.

Vader did not like being ordered but stayed back regardless. Clover and the rest of the Ace Ops all walk over to him. Ruby looks down, releasing a small exhale before her eyes widen with an idea. She smiled and zipped back to her teammates.