Preparations for Disaster?

Start from the beginning

"Of course. Gran wouldn't expect anything less of you."

Her face wrinkled. "Please don't bring her up. It ruins the mood."

Lappland laughed. "Sorry. That's my bad. Now where were we . . . ?"

"Right here."

And Texas leaned in, smirk evident on her features as she captured Lappland's lips with her own as hands roamed skin and pulled clothing off. Heat joined in the tight knit spaces as they made love for the first time.

Flashback end . . .

"See something you like?"

Texas huffed, hoping her face wasn't turning a noticeable pink. Lappland's keen smile suggested she failed. "What I see is someone who's making us late to dinner."

"Ouch. You wound me Texas." Lappland mock cried, but there was no truth to it as she extended her hand to pull Texas up.

She took it readily and was smoothly pulled onto her feet. The small heels she wore did little to affect her balance, nor did the slightly bigger ones Lappland wore. They were a matching pair aside from their different colors: silver and light blue.

"I didn't realize you were so easily hurt." She teased.

"Ah well, a pain like this only has one cure."

"And what would that be?" Texas asked as they began walking towards the door.

"A kiss." Lappland told her seriously.

"Oh really? That's the cure?"

"Yes."

"Fine. But close your eyes."

She watched Lappland close her eyes quickly. Rolling her own, Texas leaned in close. Breath ghosted over those pale lips for a second. Let her anticipate. The hand squeezing her own tightened its hold eagerly. Ah, maybe I'm being cruel but eh. She gave Lappland a kiss on the cheek before pulling away. The reacting pout was immediate.

"That's not what I meant!"

"Too bad."

******

She watched them out of the corner of her eye, trying to appear like she was not paying attention as she scanned through a magazine. Unsurprisingly, there was not much in the range of magazines coming in lately, what with all the chaos going on. The issue in her lap was well over a month old. Sora read through it anyways, though her mind was only half on the enlarged pictures of movie stars and models who had committed another scandal. It was weird for the lobby to be this empty after so many days of LGD company staying over. The police force was out tackling a sector under fire to her knowledge, but there hadn't been more information made known to them.

"I wish we didn't have to stay here."

"Of course."

"What was that?"

Sora leaned back in her reclining chair. Here in the lobby sound traveled decently enough. She thumbed the pages deftly, training her gaze forward. It was hard not to turn around. Mostima and Suffering were by the front desk. Their hushed tones had gradually grown louder as the conversation continued.

"Of course you would say that." Mostima elaborated. "It's not like this is my favorite place to be either."

Then what is she wondered, but did not dare ask. Perhaps her homeland? But judging by her splintered wings and fading halo Laterano did not seem like a likely safe haven for Mostima. Or Suffering for that matter.