The talon's eyes fluttered open when Bruce set him down on a waiting gurney, and he cried out as nurses started wheeling him away, reaching out for the man dressed in black with tears streaming down his face.

Bruce couldn't stop thinking of the tiny talon who he'd dropped off at the hospital. It didn't take him long to figure out the boy's identity. Dick Grayson.

Dick had grown up in Haly's circus with his parents John and Mary before their death.

"The flying Graysons..." Bruce muttered to himself. Something about that name sounded so familiar...

Suddenly realization smacked Bruce across the face. He had been there that night. He'd seen the Graysons fall. He'd seen the now orphaned boy running out of the tent, never to be seen again. He'd spent months looking for that very same boy... and now he'd finally found him.

Dick huddled in the corner of the room at Mrs. Agatha Carver's orphanage. He was all alone, he didn't know very much English, and they had taken the only thing that had given him some comfort, the cape of that black-clad man.

The door to the room suddenly swung open, and Mrs. Carver stood there with a tall, well built man by her side. Bruce Wayne. The two of them made their way into the room and she gestured to Dick.

"Is this the boy you're looking for?" Agatha asked in a bored tone, flinching away when Dick looked up at her with his golden eyes. "He's a bit creepy," she whispered in Bruce's ear, which of course Dick could hear with his advanced hearing.

Bruce glared at the woman. "Yes. He is the one," he said in a clipped tone.

Mrs. Carver coughed slightly when she noticed the look Bruce was sending her. "Well... Richard. This man is here to adopt you," she said with forced politeness.

Dick poked his head out from where it had been buried in his arms. He knew what adoption was, but why would anyone ever want a child like him? He met Bruce's eyes and finally uncurled himself from the little ball he'd been in when he saw the kind look the older man was giving him.

Bruce grabbed Dick's hand and helped him off of the floor, kneeling down to get onto his level and asking him quietly if there was anything he needed to grab before he left.

Dick shook his head no, slightly bashful.

"Alright. Is there anything else you need from either of us?" Bruce asked Mrs. Carver.

"I think we have everything we need," she replied.

"Good," Bruce said, scooping Dick up in his arms.

Dick tensed at the physical contact, but eventually relaxed, dropping his head down to rest on Bruce's strong shoulder as they walked out of the orphanage together.

Alfred stopped the car in front of the steps of Wayne Manor, and Bruce climbed out of the large blue car, still cradling the golden eyed child in his arms.

Dick awoke with a soft blanket covering his body, something he hadn't experienced in a long time. His eyes fluttered open, and he immediately noticed someone sitting next to the bed he was laying on.

Bruce smiled warmly at Dick before asking, "How are you feeling?"

Dick bit his lip, not sure how to formulate a response in English. "N...nice?" he said questioningly.

Bruce smiled again. "That's good," he replied.

Dick's brows furrowed as he looked at Bruce. There was something so familiar about the man. Something about Bruce reminded Dick of the man in black who had rescued him. "You..." Dick said, pointing at Bruce. "You save Talon?" he asked, pointing to himself when he said talon.

Bruce's eyes widened. This child knew that he was Batman just from meeting him as both personas. "Yes Dick. I rescued you from the court. I am Batman," he said.

Dick nodded, snuggling into the warm blankets.

"You still tired?" Bruce asked.

Dick yawned largely and rubbed at his eyes, that in itself enough of an answer for Bruce.

Bruce chuckled lightly. "Well, get some sleep then," he said, standing up to leave. A tug on his arm drew his attention back to Dick who was holding onto his sleeve with his eyes wide and full of tears.

"D-don't go..." Dick pleaded.

Bruce was taken aback. "Alright, I'll stay here tonight," he said, sitting back down on the chair he'd moved next to Dick's bed.

Dick's face relaxed and he lay back down with another large yawn.

"Go to sleep bud, I'll be here if you need anything," Bruce said quietly.

Dick's eyes finally drifted closed again, and he fell into a dreamless sleep.

Alfred walked into the room now designated as 'Dick's room', and a smile slowly spread across his face as he took in the sight before him.

Bruce was stretched out on a chair with Dick curled up in his lap much like a cat.

Alfred gently tucked a blanket over the small child on Bruce's lap, smiling again as he walked out of the room.

Maybe, just maybe, this adoption would be just as beneficial for Bruce as it would be for Dick.