CHAPTER 10

JENNIE POV

What should I do? I don't want to be here anymore. I just wanted to curl up, hugging my knees on the mattress in my room or squat under my bathroom shower as I did after that day.

I didn't want to come to this place, but Jaejoong forced me. He forcefully picked me up and dropped me off on campus. He even asked someone to follow me. I know it's not to protect me, but to spy on me. Paying attention to my every move.

I didn't want to go to class because I knew I would mostly run into them. I have to avoid them. I must.

"Sorry," I didn't pay attention to my way, so I bumped into someone. I looked up at the person who was holding my shoulders so that I wouldn't fall.

"Huh?" Without realizing I was surprised to see him.

"Eh? Looks like I've seen you before," he let go of his grip on my shoulder then looked at me with his index finger tapping his chin. "Hmm... if I remember correctly, your name is... Je... Jen... nie?" he said uncertainly. "Jennie. Right?" he asked, his eyes sparkling. What's he doing here? I looked around and realized that I was walking on the other side of the lot and unconsciously stepped out of the campus gate on the other side. So the question isn't why he's here, because he just seems to be passing by the side of the campus. The question is, what am I doing out of the side gate that people rarely go through.

He looked at me then looked over my shoulder. "You seem to be daydreaming. It can be dangerous to walk daydreaming like this. Are you studying here?" he asked, pointing to the campus gate behind me. I just stared at him, and he furrowed his brows, looking even more confused. "Um... Are you okay?" he asked uncertainly but looking a little worried because I just stared at him silently. "Umm... Hello," he waved his hand in front of my face.

"Oh... Sor... Sorry," I said after blinking several times.

He smiled. "It's okay. I also have to apologize for bumping into you. Um... Your name is Jennie, right?" he asked.

"Correct...." I answered.

"Ok, Jennie. Are you alright? You seem like you are thinking about something?" he asked.

"Um... I'm fine," I replied. But he raised his eyebrows, and there was a hint of disbelief on his face.

"Are you sure? Because your face says different," he said. "Maybe you need someone to talk to?" he asked.

"No... I'm fine" I replied.

"Hmm... Are you really sure?" he asked once again. I just stared at him.

"Ms Kim? Is everything all right?" Asked someone behind me. The one who Jaejoong told to follow me. He came up to us and looked at the person in front of me.

Mr Yang looked at him questioningly then looked back at me. "Looks like your bodyguard is looking for you?" he said, then smiled. "I know who you are. The daughter of YG Adv owner, right? I met you and your mother at the hospital. Do you remember?" he asked, ignoring the bodyguard. I just nodded, remembering the last time I met him.

Beauty and the Beast (Book 2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara