CHAPTER 56

JENNIE POV

"Lisa!" I gripped his hand tightly. The splendor of the Hotel Atlantis that we saw previously now completely dark even behind it. I assumed all the lights on the Palm Jumeirah were out.

My heart is beating fast. I don't know what happened and what sound was that, but I was sure it came from the Hotel Atlantis and could be heard all the way here. I felt Lisa slightly pull his hand away from me and stepped forward.

"Lisa?" I said in a questioning tone. I was scared, but to my surprise, I was frozen to my spot. Hopefully, nothing happens to the Hotel Atlantis.

I was still gripping Lisa's sleeve, and my legs started to take a little step when suddenly there was a loud sound from the Hotel Atlantis, and the sky became brightly lit. Because of this sudden change, I narrowed my eyes.

Firework!?

The sky was lit up with colorful and beautiful fireworks. I stared at the sky in bewilderment. What happened?

But before I could think of anything, the sky turned dark again.

"Jennie..." I blinked and looked at Lisa. Even though our surroundings were dark, I could see his silhouette facing me.

"I know we are young and still have to finish our studies. Maybe you feel our relationship is still too short. I understand that you just precisely got to know who I am, who my family is for several months, even though we have known each other years before. But from the first time I saw you, I was already attracted to you, and after getting to know more of you, I like you even more. Not only because you are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, not only because of who you are, where are you came from, but only because you are Jennie. My Jennie. You accept me for who I am. When I am in the dark, you illuminate me and lead me to the light. When I have no purpose to live, you give it. You know how bad I am, but you still accept me. You make me a better person. When we were apart, and you weren't with me, I realized a big hole in my life that only you can fill. You are the biggest and best part that completes the puzzle of my life. You are very precious to me. When you sad, I want to wipe all your tears, I want to hug you when you are vulnerable, I want to protect you when you are in trouble. I want to be the anchor of your life as you have been the anchor in my life forever." I looked at him with teary eyes.

Lisa's silhouette is even more visible because behind him are hundreds of tiny colorful lights that look like fireflies. Lisa got down on his knees, and opened the dark blue box which revealed a ring with a large stone. I couldn't see it clearly, apart from being dark but also because of my tears. All I can see is that a large diamond might reach 15 carats? But my attention returned from the ring to Lisa's eyes. I covered my mouth with my hands. Am I dreaming? Lisa kneels in front of me and smiles broadly? I know exactly what he said next.

"Jennie, will you marry me?" he asked along with the small colorful light that was like fireflies flying into the sky. They formed the words, 'Marry Me Kim Jennie'

I looked up at the sky with my mouth open and looked back at Lisa, then at the ring, he showed me, then I look back at him,