CHAPTER 59

JENNIE POV

Okay. I don't have a proper dress to used. Maybe to be more precise, I don't know what to wear. The others were also confused about what kind of dress to wear.

"Lisa... what kind of dress should I wear?" I asked him panicked. He along with me and the others took all my dresses.

"Yeah, Lis, what kind of clothes we have to wear to meet the Prince of UAE? Are there no specific rules?" Irene asked while busy looking at my dress one by one. She doesn't need to look at her wardrobe because she doesn't have many dresses.

"Hmm... I'm not sure, I think there are no special rules or guidelines for how to dress when you meet the Prince. I actually only met him when I was a child, at that time, Prince Mohammed's father is currently the King. After that, it was dad who met a few times when he accepted the invitation. But what I know for sure, he will not shake hands with women. Wait a moment, I'll call Aamir first," Lisa said as he immediately took his cellphone and started asking questions when Mr Aamir answered his phone.

".... Fine, thank you Aamir," Lisa said and ended the call.

"According to Mr Aamir, actually there are no rules or protocols on how to dress, it's just that considering their tradition, you better wear long dresses with long sleeves and closed. Then as I said earlier, the Prince will not shake hands with women, so later you can return his greetings by smiling and nodding, or if Prince Mohammed clasps his hands in front of his chest, you can reply in the same way," Lisa explained.

"But I didn't bring my long sleeve dress," I said while checking my dresses again.

"Don't worry, it's still time, come on," Lisa invited us to go to the Dubai shopping center where yesterday I got a dress for our valentine.

We went the same way we left for the restaurant this morning, and when we arrived, Lisa immediately took me to Celine. Jisoo, Rosie, and Irene split up and entered their own favorite shop to find a dress according to what Mr Aamir told us.

As soon as we entered the shop, Lisa went straight to one side of the shop which showed a collection of long dresses. And after being helped by the shop clerk, I tried on several long dresses with long sleeves. I was lucky that I found the fit dress right away. Actually, there were a few, but Lisa chose Long Embroidered Dress With Jabot In Tulle in Nude color, which was very elegant, along with a black belt as accessories and matching brown velvet boots. At the checkout, I just found out the price of the dress Lisa chose was $ 36,400, not including the belt and shoes. Lisa gave the cashier his black card before I could take out my wallet. I grabbed his elbow, making him look at me and smile when he saw me raise my eyebrows. We communicate through our eyes. Should we buy a dress at that price for dinner tonight? The price of the dress is even 3 times what I bought yesterday. Wrong. The one I chose yesterday and was not let to pay for it myself. Like this time. Lisa said 'it's okay' with his eyes and I don't want to argue with him here. I don't want to embarrass him.

After we went out, with Lisa carry my shopping bag, Lisa led me into Kiton to buy a tuxedo for him, because right now the only tuxedo he used yesterday was for our Valentine's Day. As soon as he entered, Lisa was immediately greeted by a shop clerk who seemed to recognize him. Lisa tried, and I chose dark gray peak lapels one button tuxedo complete with vest and pants as well as the necktie and French Cuffs white shirt. Lisa didn't buy shoes because he already had the shoes he wore yesterday. I wasn't surprised when Lisa paid for his tuxedo set because it's Kiton.

We finished shopping in less than 2 hours and reunited with our friends who had their favorite designer dresses. Now just go back to the Hotel and prepare.

.

.

We departed on a separate schedule with the car provided by the Manoban Group. Lisa and I went together with daddy Marco and mom, using a custom black stretching Rolls-Royce Phantom that could accommodate the four of us. Our friends along with uncles and aunties, use the same separate cars. I realized that this car doesn't have an 'M' insignia on the side, which turns out to be temporarily covered, as Lisa said when I asked him. Lisa and I sat opposite mom and daddy Marco.

Each of our cars is accompanied by an escort car. Mr Yang, along with Mr Cha Seung Won, daddy Marco's personal bodyguard, along with other bodyguards, accompanied us. As soon as we got out of the media crowd that was still gathering at the entrance of the Palm Jumeirah, we stopped at one point that had been planned and when everyone arrived there we headed off in line to Prince Mohammed's palace.

The Prince of UAE's Palace is very luxurious and extraordinarily beautiful with a typical Middle Eastern design and ornament. After Lisa helped me get out of the car and I took his elbow, we were ushered in by the Prince's butler, who had been waiting and greeted us at the door of the Palace. Our journey to the Hall, where Prince Mohammed was waiting for us, made me want to look at our surroundings because, from the inside, the Palace is no less charming and beautiful than the outside.

Prince Mohammed and his family, and several others, greeted us as we entered the hall doors. He was wearing his trademark outfit with a turban. Prince Mohammed was quite young and handsome, the woman standing beside him was beautiful and very harmonious with him. He shook daddy Marco's hand and clasped his hands in greeting to mom, while Prince Mohammed's wife greeted the opposite way of Prince Mohammed' greeting. She clasped her hands on her chest as she greeted daddy Marco's and reached out to mom. After that, they greeted us in the same way, even the Prince hugged and patted Lisa's back while congratulating him, and his wife greeted me by kissing on both cheeks.

The people who were with them were important people in the UAE kingdom, but they were very friendly and kind. With the help of translators, and sometimes using English, our dinners were filled with the conversation here and there. Prince Mohammed even gave Lisa and me a toast. They are truly extraordinary. I was even more amazed when all the dinner was served with charming dishes, which of course, make Rosie happy, I just found out that they even do it together with the wives, whereas usually, their events are separated which are the only men on one room while the women in separate places or rooms. But especially for us, Prince Mohammed held it together. I feel honored and grateful for it.

Upon returning to the hotel, we immediately returned to our respective rooms because we were quite tired. Lisa and I are still in the Upper Presidential Suite. Meanwhile, our friends still love their room in the Underwater Presidential Suite.

2 days later, our parents returned to Korea, while we still have 3 more days left. During those 5 days, we continued our tour. There were fewer media outside, and it was true as Prince Mohammed spoke at our dinner. He was grateful that Lisa proposed to me here, and of course, the furor from the media indirectly promoting for the UAE. I see this place has more tourists than before. Not only at the Hotel Atlantis, but also in some places, It felt more crowded.

News about my engagement ring has also spread because many of our photos are widely spread on social media. Our photos out of the shopping malls, and so on. Some managed to take pictures of my fingers, and immediately, Pink Legacy became a trending topic. Because of this news, once again, my social media is filled with messages from friends, acquaintances, and even people I don't know. I was a little worried about wearing this fantastically valuable ring. Who is not afraid to go around wearing a $50,000,000 ring on her finger. But I don't want to take it off. For now, I'm still feel safe because I'm with Lisa everywhere, Mr Yang and several other bodyguards are accompanying me. But later when we return to our daily activities, I think I will keep it at home and I will only wear it for formal events and instead, I will wear Lisa's promise ring for daily use. I don't think Lisa will mind.

Beauty and the Beast (Book 2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara