CHAPTER 70

JENNIE POV

"...Jen...nie..."

I jolted up and made the book in my stomach fell to the floor. I turned to look at Lisa with a pounding heart. Do I hear Lisa's voice calling me?

I stood up so I could see him more clearly.

He was still lying motionless, and his eyes still closed. I brought my face closer to his face. His states still looked the same, but I felt something had changed. I tried to search, I looked at his fingers, staring fixedly, afraid to miss his fingers that might move. But after a few minutes, still there was no movement.

I returned to his face and studied him. I'm sure something has changed. But what? What has changed? Lisa still looks the same as before, his eyes are tightly closed. Oh, how I miss his hazel eyes. His nose is pointed with an oxygen tube that goes in both nostrils. His lips are moist as I always put on lip balm to keep them from chapping. His face was pale.

Wait a minute. His breath... I felt that his breath was unusual. Now a little heavier than before. Then his eyebrows. His eyebrows are slightly furrowed! If not for staring at him every day, I wouldn't notice the difference.

My eyes widened seeing him, then a drop of tears flowed down my eyes when I saw his lips slightly opened.

"... nie..."

Oh My God! I brought my ear to his lips and immediately felt his warm breath blow to mine.

".... Jen... nie..."

Jennie! My name! I covered my mouth with both of my hands, and tears streamed down. Even though his voice was tiny and hoarse, I heard it. I heard him call my name!

"Lisa..." I called. I grabbed his hand and called him once again. His eyes were still closed, and he didn't make a sound anymore.

I woke up from this shock and immediately pressed the button to call the doctor. Not long after, a nurse came in haste, and before she came into the room, I was already shouting.

"Lisa! Lisa! Help! Amy!" I exclaimed without being able to form words perfectly.

The nurse left directly.

"Baby? Lisa? Can you hear me?" I asked between my tears. He didn't respond.

It didn't take long for the room door to open again, and Amy came hastily.

"Amy! Lisa is awake!" I cried to her before she could say anything. Hearing my information, she rushes across from me to check Lisa's vitals.

"Are you sure?" she said as she examines Lisa's face, which seemed unchanged.

"Sure! I heard him call my name. His breathing changed, his brows wrinkled slightly, then his mouth opened slightly and let out a sound. I put my ear closer and then... and then... I heard him call my name," I said enthusiastically between my sobs.