CHAPTER 29

JENNIE POV

"Lisa?!"

We stopped and turned to the person who had called Lisa. She ran a little closer to us.

"Hi. Lisa! You remember me?" she asked enthusiastically. I know who she is. She was a student at Seoul High School.

Lisa just stared at her. His eyebrows lifted with an expression that looked like he was trying to remember.

"It's me, Nancy, your classmate at SHS," she said with a cheerful voice and a sweet smile. It was obvious that she was trying to flirt with Lisa.

"I'm sorry, but I didn't know many kids at SHS before. As far as I remember, my friends were only Jennie and Irene. Well, even though I remember some kids but I'm sure I never saw you," Lisa replied flatly. I wanted to laugh at Nancy's expression, who momentarily seemed slapped but immediately returned a fake smile.

"Ah, Lisa. I am sure -"

"Sorry. But we have a class so... Bye um... Lucy," Lisa cut her off and immediately pulled me slowly to walk away from Nancy.

"It's Nancy, Lisa. I know you will remember me," Nancy exclaimed as we walked away. Ugh is this what Lisa faced in the past?

"Lisa..." I touched his hand gently.

"Yup. There they are. Nancy must have thought I was a Manoban." He said, looking at me with a smile that didn't even reach his eyes. He didn't like this. Who likes fakes people?

I smiled back and rubbed my hand on his arm, trying to comfort him.

"Don't worry. I don't care about other people. I have you, Jisoo, Rosie, Irene, and Seulgi here. Oh, and Ailee too. That's enough for me," he said sincerely.

"Yes. You have us," I replied.

.

.

The class has started, and we are taking the back seats. Earlier, when we walked into our classroom, the same incident with Nancy had happened many times. Many children who used to be SHS children and only looked at Lisa ventured to say hello. There are even some who unabashedly call themselves Lisa's friends in SHS. Even though they were the ones I heard about demean Lisa's status by saying he was a poor child who entered SHS by receiving a scholarship. Hell, so what about the child who received the scholarship. There were also some students that I didn't know before that dared to introduce themselves to Lisa. The men held out their hands as if they were important, while the women were clearly trying to get his attention.

Lisa politely shook their hands but not the girls who clearly had any other meaning. He politely just nods at the girls and tightens his arm on me.

There was also someone who immediately asked Lisa to confirm the truth that he was Manoban's only child who was mentioned. And what is Lisa's comment? He just looked at the boy and just smiled a little, and left him. Call him rude. But they are far from self-conscious by secretly taking pictures of Lisa. Yes. I saw many of them who picked up their cellphones pretending to do something. I almost got to them and scold them if Lisa was not stopped me by holding my hand firmly and shake his head telling me 'don't'. This whole time, I just took a deep breath to calm my self down.