CHAPTER 1

A/N : Read Beauty and the Beast (book 1) first before you continue. Thank you.

JENNIE POV

"Jennie, please be my girlfriend"

I don't know how to answer. Even though I'm not surprised, actually, but I don't know how to react.

He had shown his intention since the beginning. From the first meeting, he had shown that he was attracted to me and wanted to be more than just friends. During a year, he was always by my side. He's a good man, handsome, charismatic. And even though he is the son of the richest family in Korea, he is not arrogant.

How could I meet him? It happened when for the first time, I accompanied my mother to a Gala Dinner which was attended by many respected families in Korea. That was where I first met him. And after that, he always approached me. Even though we didn't attend the same high school, he always tried to drive and pick me up. But of course, since I was in 3rd grade and had to prepare for the university entrance exam, I didn't want to date yet. I want to concentrate on getting in here, Seoul International University. The number 1 university in Korea, which was unexpectedly the largest share owned by his family. But of course, I made it into SIU on my own. I majored in Business Management and Art because I wanted to help Mom immediately.

"Can you give me time to answer it?" I said.

He sighed, looking quite disappointed and sad. Then looked down before smiling that didn't reach his eyes. "Of course, Jennie. I just hope you can become my girlfriend. I've been waiting for you for a year, so of course, waiting a little longer won't be difficult." Somehow I feel a little guilty because of what he said.

"Forgive me, but I don't want to mess around. I will think about it carefully and immediately give my answer. But I won't make you wait any longer." I said, holding his hand. Having a relationship like this is serious enough for me because I have never been in one before, although not a few were chasing after me. But the biggest problem is...

My heart...

I'm not sure about my heart right now. Even though I feel that my heart has healed, somehow, I will never be able to forget. The person I first loved.

Lisa...

But he...

Disappeared...

Yes. Since my incident with Rosie almost 2 years ago, Lisa disappeared after I was previously told by Jisoo that he was looking for Namjoon to beat him up.

The last time Jisoo talking to him was in front of our room telling the chronology of how she and Dara unnie found us. After that, he hurried away and never returned.