CHAPTER 40

[Double Update]

JENNIE POV

The Manoban family house here, 3 times bigger than the one in Korea. Even though the one in Korea alone already occupies 2 lots of land. So imagine how big Lisa's house is in Thailand. The design looks minimalist like his house in Korea but with beautiful Thai accents and ornaments. With brilliant placement makes this house looks grand, luxurious, and as I said earlier, like a castle. Of course, it's not only me who feels that way, our friends also seem surprised and amazed by the house in front of them. We get off at the drop-off in front of the main door. As we descended from the car, the large double doors opened, and a butler with several servants following behind him approached us. Arriving in front of us, he gave a Thai greeting with clasped hands on his chest.

"Sawadikab. Good afternoon, Lisa and the guests," said the butler with a big smile. He was neither young nor very old.

"Good afternoon, uncle Chai. This is Jennie," Lisa introduced me to him. "This is Jisoo, Rosie, Irene, and Seulgi," Lisa introducing us all.

"This is uncle Chai, the head butler of our family who has worked for decades," Lisa said, introducing him. We greeted each other with warm smiles. Luckily he is fluent in English. During our introduction, I didn't realize that the servants behind him had taken over our suitcases and carried them inside.

"Please come in. Mr Manoban is waiting," said uncle Chai as he led us inside.

As soon as we entered the main door, a row of maids was waiting for us. 5 on the left, and 5 on the right. They all greeted us with the same gestures as uncle Chai earlier.

"Aish... uncle, I told you there was no need greeting like this," Lisa protested.

"But Lisa, we have to greet guests politely," replied uncle Chai.

"But they are not guests, they are family," Lisa stated, which made our hearts touched hearing it.

"I knew he will protest," Uncle Marco's laugh was heard, and we all turned to the way he was coming. He descended the massive staircase several meters ahead of us.

"Dad/uncle," we said together as we walked past the maids to approach uncle Marco. It's true that Irene and Seulgi also called Lisa's dad uncle as he asked before.

"Hello, welcome to Thailand. How was your trip? Tired?" asked uncle Marco.

"No uncle, we are quite happy to finally be able to come here," replied Rosie, who hugged uncle Marco. And he took turns hugging us all.

"And I didn't expect your house on the edge of town. I thought it was in the middle of the city so we could walk straight to the cafe next door," Jisoo said while pouting and making uncle Marco laugh.

"Well, sorry that our house is far from the food center. But don't worry, Lisa will definitely take you to the best places to eat here and try some Thai specialties. As long as you like scorpions or caterpillars," answered uncle Marco, who made Jisoo gasp at that. Uncle Marco laughed out loud at Jisoo's expression. Then he made Lisa walk us to tour around the house first before to our room to change and go to lunch.