CHAPTER 75

LISA POV

I am annoyed. Angry when I heard what Pim said to Jennie. I was surprised and worried when I see Jennie rushing out of the room. I don't care about my condition. My head was still dizzy from not being completely off the drug, but I was forcing my brain and all my senses to work. My blood was boiling when I read some of the news that was spread.

Jennie must be crying right now. Did she get a panic attack? Immediately, I pulled out all the hoses attached to my body and hurried to sit down and put my feet down. But as soon as my feet hit the ground, it hurt so bad. I really wanted to run after Jennie and give her a hug. But I also have to do something soon. I remembered there were several media crews below and immediately shifted my body so I could press the emergency button.

Not long after the nurse and the doctor came, I asked them to gave me walking sticks. I didn't want to use a wheelchair because they would easily get in my way. I did something that I never did before. I yelled and threatened to fire them. Yes, because we are the majority shareholder in this hospital. Of course, it is very possible even if I didn't really mean it. I just threaten them into doing what I ask. I also don't want them to tell Amy because surely she will get in my way, and she knows I won't fire anyone.

After they brought the sticks, I immediately got out of bed and ignored the pain creeping up my leg, and rushed. With the currently limited speed, I got out of the room. Once outside, I turned right and left. Where's Jennie? But with my current limitations and the risks I am taking now, not to mention the pain that radiates, I did something I had to do immediately. With a heavy heart, I didn't look for Jennie but instead went down to the media gathering place. I want to make sure they hear what I say.

I'm angry and hope to beat those who say bad things about Jennie.

When I saw her after I gave a statement to the media, my emotions subsided instantly. Even though her face was red and her breathing was heavy like someone who had run a long distance, I could see sadness, worry in her eyes. And she was crying. I want to hug her.

Before I could take a single step, she already ran and hugged me. Her hands are circled up in the middle of my body. Her head buried in my chest. Her body was warm, the fragrance of the shampoo evaporated all my emotions. With my condition, I stumble a little when her body hit mine, but luckily, I could hold us with sticks in both my hands. The medical staff took the opportunity to pull the sticks from my hand and put me in a wheelchair. I didn't fight back because I did what I had to do, and Jennie was by my side. Silently we returned to the room.

This morning, I have read all the reports from David. He's the person I trust. Especially, for this kind of business. He's the person who always acts fast and understands my wishes. You could say he is my secretary at the company. And like before, this time he didn't disappoint me. In the reports that came in, I was specifically looking for those who wrote the sordid article. 2 people, and they are not freelancers. They work for a small news publishing company, and with just a few statements from the Manoban Group, they have lost their jobs. And of course, they will find it difficult to find work elsewhere because the news about them being fired has already spread. We confirmed the news of their dismissal was published, so I doubt that any company will accept them. But even if there is, I won't do anything.