CHAPTER 49

JENNIE POV

"That's right," uncle Marco's words stopped because our food had arrived. After all the food had been placed on the table, no one touched it.

"I guess that's why you asked to have lunch with us," said uncle Marco, confused.

"I'm sorry, but I didn't hear about it. All I heard from Suppapong was Lisa threatening and challenging him," the Prime Minister said, looking at Lisa and then Suppapong.

"I don't know what Suppapong has told you. But I admit that I did challenge him and maybe a little bit threatening him. But I have a reason why I did it," Lisa said looking straight at the Prime Minister and then looking at Suppapong.

"Can you tell me your reason?" asked the Prime Minister.

Lisa then told him what happened as he told me but without quoting what Suppapong said about my private part.

"He said something really inappropriate about Jennie. And for me, it is an insult. Therefore I was angry and almost hit him if I wasn't held by Mr Yang and stopped by Jennie. I told him to never talk about her like that again, especially about the people who are important to me. This is probably where I could say was threatening him. I said I didn't care if he is the son of a Prime Minister because it was very inappropriate for a Prime Minister's son to say. And when he counters that he also didn't care that I'm a Manoban, I challenge him to try, and we'll see what happens. That's my challenge to him," Lisa explain, without even taking his eyes off the Prime Minister.

"I have heard what Suppapong said, I don't think it is appropriate for us to talk about it here. Maybe you can ask Suppapong personally," uncle Marco added.

"Of course I will ask him," the Prime Minister said, looking at his son, who did not dare to meet his father's gaze.

"I apologize for Lisa's words which seemed arrogant," uncle Marco said. "But I certainly will support the decisions and actions he will take regarding this matter. It is not about the physical violence he almost committed, nor about your son's assessment of the Manoban family. But because I was also very unhappy and offended by what Suppapong said and did to our family members," he continued, seriously.

I was touched because uncle Marco counted me as his family even though my status was just Lisa's girlfriend. Still his girlfriend.

The Prime Minister was silent and took consideration of what Lisa and Uncle Marco had said, and he seemed to be weighing something up.

"Of course, Mr Manoban. I also resent physical and verbal abuse. And I will not remain silent even if it is my own son who does it. I will ask Suppapong for a more detailed story about what he said later." The Prime Minister stared at his son, who still did not dare to meet his father's gaze.

"But above all, like the original intention today, I just want our good relationship not damaged because of this," the Prime Minister continued, smiling at uncle Marco.