CHAPTER 7

JENNIE POV

After more than a month, my relationship with Jisoo and Rosie is fine, we even often spend time together. But not with Lisa. Even though our relationship was good, we were not as close as before because I now have a boyfriend and he was often seen together with Amy who turns out to be a new worker on this campus. She recently graduated from the department of medicine at LA University, and before working here, was an intern at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. Now she was a doctor at Seoul International Hospital and a part-timer as a doctor on this campus. How do I know? It was because Lisa and I talked.

2 days after our meeting during dinner at that restaurant, Lisa invited me to go out to dinner with him at a remote and simple restaurant, but with a taste not inferior to a 5-star restaurant in an area close to Myeong-dong. He also seems to have been there often because the restaurant owner, the Ahjuma, knew Lisa. I was grateful that Jaejoong was busy that day and went out of town, so I could meet Lisa. I didn't want to tell him because I feel he doesn't like Lisa so surely he won't let me have dinner with him alone. But I really want to talk to Lisa, there were many things I want to ask.

Lisa picked me up at home. He stopped by, briefly to meet mom. Of course, Mom was very happy to meet him and she immediately hugged Lisa who returned her hug. They both looked very happy to saw each other. After asking each other's news and exchanging a few words, we set off because Lisa didn't want us to come home too late. And he asked mom's permission to take me to use his motorbike. He now has a driver's license because he is 18 years old. At first, Mom was worried, but Lisa convinced her until she finally agreed.

I was riding a motorcycle for the first time and was a little scared. But Lisa also convinced me to trust him and take it easy. That's why he asked me to wear trousers and casual clothes. He put a helmet on me and of course, my face turned red because of it.

"Are you scared?" he said softly, and I could only nod because my heart was beating so fast after he put the helmet on my head. He smiled and squeezed my shoulder. "Don't be afraid," he said. "I'm already an expert at driving this. And I promise to take it slow." Sure I believe him.

I didn't know about motorbikes, all I know was that the design of his bike was cool with a futuristic silver color with a small word 'Diavel S 1260' under the words 'Ducati' which was bigger on the body. For me, who was not very tall, riding on this bike was very difficult. Not to mention because I have never ridden a motorbike before, but Lisa helped me hop in, holding my hand and told me to use his shoulder as a grip to climb the bike. After I sat down safely, he told me to hold on. But I didn't know where to hold. At first, I hesitated, then I grabbed his shoulders, but Lisa immediately grabbed my hand and wrapped it around his waist. With a higher rear position, this makes me automatically drop my body onto his back. If only he could see me, I would look like a ripe tomato.

"Hold on tight. Don't be afraid," he said and started the engine, which immediately roared. My body was stiff, so I didn't remember anymore that I was hugging him from behind when the motorbike move slowly. Lisa probably felt my hug getting tighter, and unconsciously, I put my head on his back because he said, "Relax, Jennie. I want you to enjoy the clear air tonight," he said softly. The wind hit my face and made my hair fly backward. He kept his promise by driving slowly. The longer the drive, I felt a little relaxed. So I ventured to lift my head a little. Trees, houses, buildings, and passing vehicles look so attractive from here. Things that I didn't find when I got in the car, and I was happy with my new experience so I didn't realize that we had arrived at our destination.