CHAPTER 26

JENNIE POV

"Mo... mom?" I didn't dare to see her. I knew she was standing in front of my room with the door open behind her. I know she saw us. My position straddling him on the edge of my bed while making out was not a sight that my mother thought.

"... Auntie," Lisa greeted her. I was amazed that his voice didn't shake. He also didn't look at mom because at this time, he was looking at me, who was also looking at him. Then I saw a glimpse of something in his eyes, and he turned his gaze away from me to face Mom. "Good evening, Auntie," he said, in a firmer, smiling voice. I know he's nervous.

Because I didn't listen to mom's voice. She didn't move or respond. Finally, slowly I ventured to look at her.

Mom was standing still in where she found us. Her face didn't look surprised, maybe she had overcome it. But now, her face was flat. She stared at us in turn. Then dropped her gaze at me when she said, "you guys come with me," then turned and walked out of the room.

Lisa and I looked at each other. He took my hand and smiled as if he wanted to calm me down. But I know he's nervous too. I can see it even though he tries to cover it up.

We followed Mom out of my room and into her study. She left the door open for us to entered. Lisa closed the door after we come in.

"Sit down," Mom pointed at the couch near her desk where she's been sitting there waiting for us. We sat on the sofa in front of her. Mom looked at us with a serious face. This silence was awkward. Neither of us spoke.

"Auntie -" Lisa dared to break the silence, but mom stopped him with her raised hand.

"Is it because of this, Jennie?" Mom asked me. I lifted my face and stared at her in confusion. What does mom mean? She seemed to understand my confusion as she opened her briefcase and took out a familiar-looking envelope. She opened the envelope and pulled out the white paper that had the letterhead of one of the hospitals. My eyes widened because I knew what it was.

"How can you find it?" I asked. Lisa looked at me in confusion.

"I found it in your room yesterday. But haven't had time to talk to you. Today I come home from work straight to your room to ask you about this. But it looks like I've got the answer," she said as she put the document on the table in front of us. She glared at Lisa, who looked back at her with a confused look. "So since when have you done it and how many times?" asked mom flatly.

"Sorry, auntie -"

"Mom!" I cut Lisa because he doesn't know.

"Are you serious about Jennie, Lisa?" mom asked ignoring me at all.

"Of course, auntie," Lisa said firmly, even though he still looked confused. Hearing his steady answer I blushed, but,

"Mom -" she raised her hand at me without looking at me to stop me from speaking. She continued to look at Lisa seriously.