CHAPTER 12

JENNIE POV

A month in New Zealand has made my heart and mind calm and refreshed enough. The pressure I feel, of course, still haunts me, but it doesn't feel like it crushes me. I enjoyed spending time with my uncle and aunt. Sometimes I take a walk by myself around here, enjoying the view, and the environment is calm, clean, and comfortable. I feel like I don't want to go back.

But I have to go back to Korea again. To that problems, to him.

As my scheduled return home approached, he always reminded me to come home on time and not stay longer, something I really wanted to but I couldn't do.

I took a deep breath and stood up from this quiet and peaceful park bench. I looked around and hoped time would stop. But not. Time never stops. With a heavy heart, I stepped back to my uncle and aunt's house, who were ready to take me to the airport.

I will come back home today.

.

.

Semester 3. I didn't expect much. I've never welcomed a new day with enthusiasm. Now every day is the same, dark with no light. No passion, no purpose. Although I might catch a glimpse of the source of my light today. Lisa. I will remain like this, maybe even worse, because I know I will not be able to reach him. I will only be tormented to look at him and see the friends I could not get close to.

I walked gloomily down the hall with him. As usual, when he also has classes, which are actually rare because he is a senior student. Like today, he will take me to my class first. Not because he cared. I didn't think he really cared. He just wanted more to make sure I followed his orders. If he was not in college, which meant he would be busy in his family's company, as usual, he would send one of his bodyguards to follow me. Again, not because he cared, but so he can monitor me all the time on campus.

If given a choice between the two things, I would prefer to be with the bodyguard.

"Jennie?" Someone call my name. I stopped and turned my head.

"I knew it. Jennie!" She exclaimed, then a little ran toward me.

"Oh My God! It's been a long time since we met!" She exclaimed cheerfully while hugging me. Jaejoong gave her a confused look.

"Geez. You are so beautiful, Jen," she said after releasing her hug and checking me from top to bottom, she even spun me around.

"I... Irene?"I finally found my voice but was still surprised.

"How happy I am to meet you, Jen," she hugged me tightly again, and I hesitantly hugged her back. We hugged for a while, and from behind her, I could see someone was walking towards us, looking at me with a big smile.

"You also study here?" she asked after releasing her hug, again, when the person stopped beside her.