CHAPTER 16

JENNIE POV

"So... how did you know?" I asked after Jisoo left the room.

"Before that, Jennie, Are you okay?" asked Rosie, taking my hand. I nodded slowly. I know I'm not okay. But this was not the first time this has happened, it's just that this time it's even scarier than before. Besides, I didn't want to make them worry anymore and want to hear their stories.

"Are you sure you don't want to rest first?" asked Irene, and I shook my head stubbornly.

"Okay. Before this, I apologized, Jen. I didn't want to cover it up from you... Especially about Lisa's condition when he was in LA as you heard from Jongin. I actually found out not long before Jongin saw Lisa. I know that too by accident. At that time, Seulgi and I were on vacation in LA, and he ate the food that made him a stomachache. So I took him to the hospital. And it just happened that it was the hospital where Lisa was treated and I accidentally saw him in the garden with Amy. He's been there for almost a year and didn't expect to see me. And he begged me not to tell you his condition because he didn't want you to worry after he found out that we still often send emails and messages. At first, I didn't want to. I wanted to tell you right away because I know how you were when he disappeared, and I told him about it. But that only makes him beg and determined not to tell you. He didn't want you to know about his pathetic state. Since then, I have visited him every day while still on vacation. And one day, he was visited by Jisoo and Rosie, who just found out about his situation and immediately went there. That's where I got to know them," Irene explained briefly.

"Lisa has his own reasons, Jen..." Rosie added. "Do you remember after what happened to us with Namjoon at that time?" she asked, and I nodded. "And he has never been seen anymore like he just disappeared. When I found out about his whereabouts, It was because I kept asking uncle Marco, so he told me, he sent Lisa to LA. Jisoo and I immediately went there to see and asked what happened, why did he disappear," I nodded again, listening to her. Of course, we all wondered. I have been wondering for 2 years.

"He... After he found Namjoon and beat him up, he intended to return to the hospital. It was just that at that time he was secretly looking for Namjoon and didn't tell anyone, even Mr Yang -"

"Mr Yang?" I asked confused. "His neighbor?" The one who met me in front of the campus.

Rosie nodded doubtfully.

"Why Mr Yang -"

"About Mr Yang, let Lisa tell the story when he's ready to tell. I know he will tell everything, Jen. I'm just asking you to be a little patient with him. Wait until he really opens himself up to you. He also has his own reasons, Jennie, why he didn't tell you. But considering how he feels about you, he will open up to you very soon. I'm sorry, Lisa, he's a person full of excuses. But after you listen to the story, you will definitely understand. I know you will," she said with a smile and squeezed my hand. I just nodded weakly. Then she continued the previous story.

"So. No one knew where he was at that time. Therefore Mr Yang came to the hospital to ask about Lisa's whereabouts because his cellphone was also turned off. Nobody knows where he is except the person who gave him the information about Namjoon's location. From there, Mr Yang knows where Lisa went and looks for him. But in the informed house, he only found a messy place with things strewn around and blood stain everywhere. But found no one. Not even Lisa. He then walked down the street knowing that Lisa was not driving because he was still not allowed. He didn't have a driver's license and was not given a vehicle even though he was actually able to drive cars and motorbikes smoothly when he was 12 years old. It seems impossible but that's Lisa. Sigh.. Mr Yang found Lisa lying on the side of a quiet road because the area was rarely traversed by vehicles if not residents there. He was injured and unconscious with blood pooling from his head. But what's worst is his knee. His left knee was crushed and he couldn't walk. He was unconscious for several days. Mr Yang finds out what happened. And it was found that Lisa was hit by a car and just abandoned there. The culprit of the hit-and-run was unknown. That's what the police reported. Briefly, because of Lisa's state, uncle Marco sent him to LA, to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center for treatment and surgery. Why he was sent there was because of uncle Marco's acquaintance who was a doctor," she said. I just digest the story and imagine it.