CHAPTER 17

JENNIE POV

"Jennie? What are you thinking?" Rosie asked.

"Huh?" I tried to hide my thoughts. If this is the only way, I will stay away from them. So that Jaejoong would also stay away from them. I hope tonight's incident doesn't make Jaejoong...

"You are daydreaming, Jennie. What are you thinking?" asked Rosie again.

"Oh... um... Nothing. I didn't think anything," I said unable to look her in the eye, afraid that she could see that I was lying.

"Jennie, tell me what your thought. I know you are thinking something. Don't pull yourself from us anymore. Please tell us what is the problem and we will all help you as much as possible," Rosie squeezed my hand. Her voice is very caring.

If only I could. I really want to. But, I can not. I'm not strong, and I don't want them to get hurt, especially Lisa. Not after what happened. Not after what he has been through.

"Jennie, if you are thinking of staying away from us, you better not," said Jisoo.

"That's right, Jennie, tell us so we can help you. That's what we're all here for," said Irene, wiping her tears and hugged me from the side.

"I... I..." my throat caught, and I blinked my eyes to hide my threatening tears. I'm touched to have friends who really care for me. They want to help me, protect me. I also want to help them and protect them, but I can't say that the only way to protect them from Jaejoong is to stay away from them.

"Jennie?" I looked up and stared at the door, followed by the others. Lisa once again pops his head out of the door and looks at us. When he was sure it was safe, he pushed himself in and closed the door behind.

"Finally, you came," said Jisoo. I know she's smiling even though I can't see her face because she's staring at Lisa.

"Sorry, I have to take the call," he said.

"Okay," answered Jisoo, then she stood up. "We'll let you talk. I think you have lots of things to talk about," she said, then nodded at the others and smiled at me. Rosie squeezed my hand one more time while Irene tightened her hug, then let me go, and they followed Jisoo out of the room. Jisoo tapped Lisa on the shoulder as she walked past while Rosie hugged him. Irene just nodded, and they left me alone with Lisa.

Since entering the room, Lisa's eyes staring at me. He looked at me straight.

"Jennie..." he walked toward me slowly. I also couldn't take my eyes off him. But once he was close, I remembered that he had found me in a nasty position. He saw it. He saw Jaejoong's when he... Lisa saw it...

I lowered my head, unable to look at him. My tears welled up. He saw me. He must be disgusted...

"Jennie," I felt him walk faster and sat in front of me. Then with his thumb and index finger resting on my chin, he raises my head so he can meet my eyes. His face was blurred from my tears.