The nurse inserted the swab and started pushing it up into Dick's nose. Dick's hand tightened its grip on Jason's and he let out a quiet whine. His face clearly showed his discomfort, and he was breathing heavily when the nurse finally removed the swab.

"Your results will be sent to you within 48 hours," the nurse said, handing Dick a tissue.

"Thanks," Jason said with a smile before rolling up the windows and driving towards the exit of the parking lot.

"You alright Dickie?" Jason asked, looking at his husband out of the corner of his eye.

Dick was pale and sweat beaded his forehead.

"Dickie?" Jason asked, concern seeping into his voice.

"Nnnngh," Dick moaned as Jason turned out of the parking lot.

Jason heard the sound of Dick's seatbelt pulling tight as Dick fell forward limply in his seat.

"Dick!" Jason called, pulling over to the side of the road and shaking his husband's shoulder. "This... this isn't funny... wake up... come on Dickie!"

Dick's eyes opened a crack. "J-Jay? 'M tired," he said, eyelids drooping again.

Jason breathed a sigh of relief. "Here," he said, leaning over Dick to tilt the chair back.

While Jason was in the middle of adjusting the seat he heard a muffled voice.

"You're warm Jay," Dick said, nuzzling into Jason's chest.

Jason chuckled softly before turning back to the road and starting the car back up.

Dick was snoring quietly when Jason pulled into the parking lot at their apartment. Jason smiled to himself as he watched the gentle rise and fall of Dick's chest.

Jason put his own face mask on before reaching over and looping Dick's over his ears. Dick shifted and muttered something intelligible before settling back in the seat. Jason got out of the car and scooped his sleeping lover up in his arms, carrying him back to their apartment.

When Jason tried to lay Dick down on their bed the sleepy adult wrapped his arms and legs around Jason, holding on to him tightly.

"Jeez Dick, I didn't know you were a koala," Jason whispered, more to himself than to Dick.

Jason drew back the covers on Dick's side of the bed and leaned over.

When Dick eventually relaxed he fell onto the bed with a groan.

Jason kissed his husband on the forehead and ruffled his hair before leaving the room to go make some dinner.

"Wake up Dickie. I made some chicken noodle soup to help you feel better," Jason said, gently shaking Dick's shoulder.

Dick sat up slowly, blinking his eyes blearily. He let Jason lead him to the kitchen where there was a steaming bowl of soup.

Normally, Dick would've said something like, 'It smells delicious', but he honestly couldn't smell anything. Jason stared at him until he finally put a spoonful into his mouth. Dick had to resist the urge to either gag or spit the soup out. It was completely tasteless in his mouth, which took away the usual pleasure of eating.

"I'm not hungry," Dick said quietly. It was true. He wasn't hungry, especially if everything he ate would be tasteless.

"Dick. You have to at least eat half of this bowl of soup. You haven't eaten very much today, and I don't want you to pass out again," Jason said, folding his arms over his chest.