sleepovers

-set on March 13, 2016; Daveed and Emmy are single

The cast of Hamilton was set to perform at the White House tomorrow and Daveed, Emmy, Renee, and Sydney decided to have a sleepover in Renee's hotel room.

It was Renee's idea to have the sleepover and she couldn't be more excited to host her friends. She went all out with wine, games, and some rented Redbox movies.

Sydney was the first to arrive at the hotel room, so he helped Renee set up all the food and drinks. Daveed arrived next and right as he was closing the door behind him Emmy was pushing it through.

"Oh hey! sorry," Daveed said holding the door for her.

Daveed and Emmy had been friends ever since they met while the show was still at The Public. For the longest time, they had just been friends due to their association with the show, waving at each other during breaks and having quick conversations, but over the last few months they had been hanging out and growing a lot closer.

"Hey guys!," Renee and Sydney said in conjunction.

"Hey," Daveed and Emmy smiled.

Emmy took off her jacket and Daveed offered to hang it up for her. Renee motioned the group to gather around the table for dinner. She had gotten some pasta from a local place and she had set out wine glasses for everyone.

Dinner was full of laughs from the entire group and as they were finishing up, Sydney jumped up and suggested they have a mancala tournament.

The last round of the tournament came down to Daveed vs Emmy. Both were extremely competitive, something neither knew about the other before the night began. They were extremely focused in on the games, coming up with strategies and trying to trick their competition. In the end, Emmy won garnering a cheer from Renee "To women!"

Renee put in the movie she rented, some kind of cheesy rom-com she was obsessed with. Renee sat on her bed, and Sydney took the second bed, leaving only one bed for Daveed and Emmy. They both took a seat on the remaining bed, after all they were just watching a movie.

Renee had dozed off about 45 minutes into the movie, and Sydney fell asleep not soon after.

It was 10pm and they had the performance tomorrow, so it would've be a good idea for Daveed and Emmy to go to sleep, but neither one was tired.

It was at this moment, however, that they realize their sleeping circumstances. The room only had 3 beds, and Renee and Sydney were occupying two of them.

Daveed and Emmy looked at each other with wide eyes, coming to the realization at the same time.

"I'll sleep on the floor," Emmy spoke first.

"Absolutely not, I'll take the floor, you take the bed," Daveed replied.

"Ok, but you're staying here until you get ready to sleep," Emmy told him.

The pair stayed up for hours into the night, talking about anything and everything. They learned so much more about each other, causing them to grow much closer as friends as well. Daveed was hilarious and had Emmy laughing all night, silent laughs as to not wake Renee and Sydney up. They were so deep into conversation that they didn't even remember falling asleep, although it had to be sometime around 3am.

-

Emmy woke up nestled under Daveed's strong arms. She had just had some of the best sleep of her life, so good that it took her a minute to register where she was. Daveed's legs were entangled with hers and he was moving his foot up and down her thigh. She moved the covers with wide eyes and looked down, "Clothes still on, phew," she let out a breath she didn't know she was holding.