birthdays

"Alright let's do this," Emmy said, taking a seat on Daveed's lap, holding a handful of party planning books.

"A superhero-princess-cinderella-barbie party for a super special soon to be 3 year old," Daveed said with a chuckle, "Easy enough."

The pair flipped through the pages full of categorized balloons, decorations, and games. Both Daveed and Emmy agreed that their princess deserved something great, granted this would probably be one of her earliest memories as she grew older.

Emmy laid back on Daveed who was on the couch. The options within her books were endless, and it was becoming more and more apparent they had no real idea what they were doing.

"Let's get it all," Daveed said, pointing out each little thing he saw. He was just as excited as their daughter, smiling at all the colored decor and favors.

"Ha funny," Emmy laughed, "This bounce house would be cool tho,"

"I was just about to point it out!" Daveed grinned, "This too," he said pointing to some kind of rentable water structure.

"Ok, so two big attractions, it'll be in our backyard, we're getting somewhere," Emmy nodded, holding up her hand to high five their accomplishment.

DECORATIONS adorned the next page Emmy flipped to. "Aww this is cute," Emmy said, pointing to some neon green streamers.

"Neon green streamers and a pink bounce house?" Daveed said, raising his eyebrow but smiling.

"Sorry Mr. Matchy Match," Emmy said, laughing at her husband's attention to detail.

Daveed and Emmy kept at it for another hour, flipping and marking items as yes or no. They had finally chosen everything they needed and closed the books with a breath of relief.

"That took forever," Emmy giggled.

"Gonna turn out perfect tho," Daveed exclaimed. He moved his arm that was wrapped around her to check his watch. "Yikes, we gotta go."

Daveed and Emmy jumped up and rushed out the door. Since she had turned two, their daughter had been attending a day school. She had learned so much within the year and she absolutely loved it. Everyday she would come out running with a beaming smile, ready to jump into one of her parent's arms.

"Daddy!," she shouted as she began her sprint the second Daveed had stood up out of the car.

"Weslie!" Daveed said, moving to meet her in the middle and pick her up, "Hey babygirl!"

Emmy smiled at their interaction, the love they had for each other never grew old. They had such a special bond, and she couldn't be more obsessed with them. Weslie was attached to his hip, so much so that she didn't even notice her, but Emmy didn't mind.

"Hi munchkin," Emmy said walking to stand next to where Daveed was holding her, "How was school?"

"Hi Mommy" Weslie smiled, turning in her father's arms, "School was SO fun. We had birthday party!" she exclaimed, her big brown eyes widening.

"Really?" Emmy said, matching her daughters smile.

"Yep we had cupcakes and everything!" her daughter proclaimed.

The three of them shared their days for a few more moments before climbing back into the car. The ride
home was routine, full of lots of conversation and giggles from all parties.