photoshoot

* kind of of-13

Daveed looked up from the book he was reading at the sound of footsteps walking into the room. "Damn girl," he nearly gasped, staring at the woman in front of him.

Emmy had emerged into the room wearing a fitted black tank and jeans. It was typical headshot attire, nothing too flashy to take away from her face. She had done her makeup to look natural but had added a little extra highlighter for a dewy look.

Daveed continued to stare in awe, his attention completely gone from the book.

"It's just a shirt and jeans," Emmy laughed at his expressions.

"Looks damn good on you though," Daveed said standing and walking over to her. He reached out his arm to place it on her back and pull her in for a kiss.

Emmy could sense passion growing with every second his lips lingered, so before he could go any further, she pulled away.

"You're gonna mess up my makeup," she spoke.

"Just put on some more lipstick, you'll be fine," Daveed replied, moving to lean back in before she stepped away once again.

"I don't have time," Emmy giggled, shaking her head, "You could come with me though?"

"I'd love to," he smiled, fragments of lust still showing in his eyes.

Daveed and Emmy left their home. Daveed was trailing behind Emmy, still admiring her figure. Wow, he mumbled to himself at the way she looked in her jeans. He tripped over his feet due to the different places his mind and body were going. Eventually, the pair got in their car and drove the quick 30 minutes to the studio.

About every 2 years, both of them had to retake their headshots, and every single time they used the same photographer. Sarah was great and always knew how to erase the awkwardness that came with posing for stills.

Once they arrived at the studio, Daveed left his side of the car and walked over to open the door for Emmy. They linked their hands and walked in to the studio, just on time for her appointment.

"Hey," Sarah beamed, "And oh hi Daveed, what a fun surprise of you joining!"

"Hey," he smiled back, "Yeah, Emmy dragged me here," he joked, bursting out into laughs.

"Not true!" Emmy laughed, playfully punching his shoulder.

Sarah laughed along with them and added, "Well, however it came to be, nice to see you! And Emmy, I got everything set up already so y'all can follow me."

Emmy and Daveed did as she said and followed her to the back of the studio. White curtains lined the walls and lights and cameras were standing all over. The initial anxiety that came with walking into the room full of equipment never really went away, no matter how many sessions she had been through.

Daveed took a seat while Emmy went to sit on the chair in front of one of he curtains. They didn't have that many photos to take so the process shouldn't last longer than an hour. 1 smile. 1 soft smile. 1 natural face and they would be done.

Sarah wanted to begin with the natural face photo, all Emmy had to do was look into the camera and stay still. Before the shot could be taken, Emmy's attention was grabbed by Daveed suggestively winking from his spot right in front of her. Emmy burst out into a loud laugh right as Sarah went to click the camera. The result was a photo of Emmy mid laugh which made for a great candid, but not so much for her portfolio.

"Daveed," Emmy said sternly while still laughing a bit.

"I didn't do anything," he shrugged, looking around the room as if anybody else was there.