pool party

"What do you think about this one," Emmy said, digging in her drawer to pull out a tiffany blue bikini.

"I think it's perfect because i'm wearing these," he laughed as he held up matching swim trunks with tiffany blue laces.

As Emmy pulled on the bathing suit, she felt more bloated than usual but she decided it was just because it was nearing that time of the month. She threw a bathing suit coverup on top and pulled her hair into a ponytail.

"Ready?," Daveed asked walking out of the bathroom in a tank top and his swim trunks.

Emmy nodded and they went downstairs to the garage to leave their home. They were going to a nearby club to have a pool party with the Hamilton tour cast. Emmy had been apart of the cast for about 3 months now and they decided to throw the party as a team bonding type thing.

Daveed and Emmy were among the last people to arrive. They were greeted by Emmy's fellow Schuyler sister, Amber Iman, who explained where the drinks and food were and that they were just chilling out. They went around the party to say their hellos and then took a seat on the couches with a few of the guys.

Emmy yawned and leaned on Daveed's shoulder, suddenly becoming tired even though this was their first outing of the day. "You ok?," Daveed asked looking down at her.

"Yeah," she yawned again, "Just tired."

Daveed wrapped his arm around her and jumped back in the conversation.

When pretty much everyone had arrived, the group began to migrate over to the food and drinks. Emmy stood up to follow the crowd and immediately felt some pain in her lower stomach. It threw her for a loop and she wobbled on her feet for a bit yet nobody noticed.

Everyone was grabbing beers or glasses of wine but Emmy decided to stick with water, not wanting the alcohol to upset her stomach further. Daveed took notice to this, "You sure you're alright?," he asked as they were walking away from the food area.

"My stomach really hurts," she spoke as they stopped walking.

"Cramps?" he asked.

"Yeah i think so,"

Daveed reached his hand out to rub her stomach. She grabbed his hand to keep it in place right under her belly button. His hand gave her a bit of comfort and soothed some of the pain.

Emmy took a seat in front of Daveed while he went to go get them both a sandwich.

He returned with two ham sandwiches and handed one to Emmy. She brought the sandwich up to her mouth and it was as if everything in her stomach rose to her throat. Intense nausea overtook her at the smell and she ran to the nearest trash can. She threw up into the trash can grabbing on to the sides for support.

Everyone turned their eyes towards her, after all the nearest trash can was all the way across from where she was sitting. "Girl, are you pregnant or something?" Amber jokingly asked, laughing with Solea.

Emmy looked up with wide eyes, an audible gasp coming from the rest of the cast, as well as Daveed. Daveed moved to her side, rubbing her back as she threw up once again.

Thinking about it, Emmy couldn't remember the last time she had a period, and she did feel bloated this morning. She stood up from the trash can holding her stomach only to see all eyes on her.

"I think we should go," she whispered to Daveed.

Daveed announced that they were leaving and weaved his hands with hers to walk to the car. He opened the door for her and they both took their seats.

"Do you really think you could be.. you know?" he spoke first.

"I mean idk, you know, it's possible, i have symptoms, and i haven't had a period, and that night at the bar a couple weeks ago..."

"Oh," was all he said as everything sunk in. The thought of finding out he might be a father terrified him. He wasn't sure that he was ready for that, that they were ready for that. He loved her, he knew that, but a baby? He kept his focus on the road as all these thoughts swirled in his brain.

"I think we should go by the store," Emmy said, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Yeah, yeah we should," he spoke.

Daveed stopped at the gas station in between the club and their house, and Emmy ran inside. She came out with a bag full of multiple tests of all different brands.

"What are we going to do?" Emmy said nervously as she sat in the seat.

"You're gonna take the test and then we'll go from there. We'll be ok," he comforted both her and himself.

They pulled into their driveway and went up to their bedroom immediately after. Emmy took the bag into the bathroom to take the many tests.

She pushed the door open to see Daveed sitting on their bed, "Will you wait with me?"

"Of course babe," he said moving off his spot.

Emmy sunk to the ground and Daveed followed. She had laid the tests out on the counter and they now had to wait the 3 minutes it took to set.

Daveed wrapped his arm around her and pulled her close. "No matter what happens, we're a team. If it's positive, we're gonna be the best parents that little baby could have. I love you Emmy, and I know you're scared, I'm scared too. But we can do this. All we have to do is love each other and love our kid, everything else will fall into place," he spoke, finishing with a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you so much," she replied, kissing him back and curling into his side.

Emmy's phone alarm rang and she jumped up.

First test... "positive"
Second test... "positive"
Third test... "positive"

The results were the same for all seven of the tests she took. Daveed looked at the results and pulled her into a hug, pressing their foreheads together.

"We're having a baby," Emmy smiled at him.

"We're having a baby," he nodded and smiled back.

Daveed picked Emmy up and placed her on the bathroom counter. She was still wearing her bathing suit coverup so he pulled that up to just above her stomach.

"Hey little one," he smiled talking to her still flat stomach, "You snuck up on us huh," he said with a laugh as he continued speaking, "Well your Mommy and I are really excited for you and we love you so much. Be nice to Mommy ok. Daddy loves you so much," he ended with a kiss on her stomach.

He pulled her coverup down and pulled her back into his arms. She laid her head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arms tight around her back. They sat there in silence for a while, the silence was loud as they were letting the events of the day fully sink in.

They continued holding each other and it was this moment that really solidified what was next for them. They were going to be parents and they were going to give all they had to the baby they already loved so much. Daveed and Emmy knew it wouldn't be easy but they could handle it. They loved each other and were ready for what was to come