rest & recovery

A cup of tea in his hand. A warm towel over his forehead. His blanket tucked closely to his form. And the one who made it happened, the woman who brought comfort on the sickest of days curled up right next to him. The smallest glimmer of light peeked through the window; his only request being to pull all the covers up, turn the lights off, and stay in their room all day. A request his wife had happily complied with, as she was now, cuddling into his side and soothingly running her hand through his hair. The three days he had been in this less than one hundred percent feeling, she had been there, catering to his needs before he could even need them. The tea he was holding was just the way he'd liked it, and a matching one rested in her hand. Together they drank it, watching Daveed's favorite mystery series, and taking it easy in bed, allowing him to recover as he needed. Since he'd awoken this morning, that unruly tingle still in his throat, the day had been begging him to take it slow. And when he needed to slow down, Emmy followed suit. She was helping him heal with both thought through and unintentional actions. Tea, blankets, and towels were the tangible ways of healing but what really brought his spirits up when his health was down was simply being in company. Nothing could measure how much better he felt just having her cuddled up next to him. He couldn't thank her enough for her presence the last three days. So many things did, bust especially in times of illness, he was reminded of how much he loved her. Her love made him feel just that much better, and he was finding so much truth in the fact that love healed all wounds.