i miss you

It was 4am and daveed was tossing and turning every which way.

Emmy had left about 3 days ago to begin quarantine in Canada for The Umbrella Academy. They had been long distance before but this time was different. The weight of the distance was much greater this time.

Quarantine had given them 10 uninterrupted months of time together, and in that time Daveed had grown accustomed to their routine of waking up together. Emmy usually woke up first, finding herself spooned in his arms. Like clockwork, every morning she would roll over and wake him up with light kisses behind his ear and along his curly hairline. When Daveed would finally wake up, he would pull her into a tight hug, return a few of the soft kisses, and the pair would cuddle until they decided it was time to begin the day.

As Daveed rolled restless, he remembered their mornings together, but nothing could replicate the feel of holding her in his arms. Nothing could fill the empty space to the left of him.

Daveed decided to Facetime Emmy praying she was awake to answer. It was 7am in Toronto so he was hopeful.

The phone rang a couple of times, "please pick up, please pick up" he begged.

With a couple of clicks the two phones connected and a groggy Emmy came on the line with a deep "hi"

"Good morning baby" Daveed spoke.

"What are you doing up" Emmy asked.

"Couldn't sleep, I was missing someone." Daveed replied as he admired Emmy's soft morning features and her blonde curls cascading the pillow.

"I miss you so much" Daveed spoke again.

"I miss you too babe," Emmy replied.

"I don't know how I can keep on until spring. I can't even sleep without you"

Emmy shared Daveed's feelings although jet lag forced her to rest. She would sleep but not well, not being able to get comfort in the empty bed miles away from the place and person she called home. Luna offered a little company but even her dog of 10+ years could not match the man she loved more than anyone else in the world. After much tossing and turning, she resigned, concluding that 7am was late enough already. She sat up on the bed and grabbed her phone. She opened up her camera roll and began scrolling through endless pictures of her and Daveed together. The bulk of these photos being taken the past 10 months; selfies, videos, and all types of random media from the time they spent together. She missed him more than anything and she too did not know how she would make it until spring.

Quarantine really solidified Emmy and Daveed's relationship. Daveed never knew he could love someone so much. Even with the majority long distance their relationship consisted of for the first 3 years, it had never hit Daveed this hard. He missed everything about her. Her warmth, her smile, and her laugh that could illuminate any room.

They had already ended the facetime and Daveed decided to go on her side of the bed and open her dresser. He pulled out the blanket she slept with every night. It was a little blue blanket that Emmy was obsessed with. He wrapped the blanket around himself- as much as he could, being 6ft tall and all- and climbed back into the bed, the blanket slightly mimicking Emmy's warmth. Daveed curled up between the blanket and covers as memories with his best friend and love of his life circled his brain. He missed her immensely but the love he held in his heart allowed him to doze off until they were able to connect again through Facetime.

blue blanket visual->