cozy night in

"What does this even do?" Daveed said tugging on the corners of his face mask.

"Stop messing with it," Emmy said as she laid down the corners he had messed up, "And it's supposed to clean your pores or something."

Emmy finished applying her face mask and jumped up on the counter of their shared bathroom. "These stay on for an hour, what should we do in between"

"We can watch some Grey's Anatomy," Daveed suggested.

Emmy nodded and reached her hands out to signal Daveed to carry her to the couch.

"Ok princess Diggs," Daveed, grabbing her thighs to pick her up.

Daveed laid Emmy down on the couch and took his spot next to her. He positioned his head in the crook of his shoulder while she chose an episode.

"We should go in the hot tub later," Emmy said.

"We never do that," Daveed said, looking up from his spot on her arm.

"Yeah that's why we should. It'll be fun," Emmy giggled.

"We should order some pizza too," Daveed said, just as his stomach was audibly grumbling.

"Ewww," Emmy said laughing and raking her fingers through his hair.

Daveed and Emmy sat watching the show until the rang of Emmy's phone alarm let them know it was time to demask.

Daveed stood up and reached out his hand for Emmy to grab. "To the bathroom?"

Emmy nodded and used his hand to stand up from the couch. The pair headed in to the bathroom to take off their skincare.

Emmy reached up to help Daveed remove his. The face masks they were using had had product on them that worked to clean your face and as an adhesive. She pulled the mask off to reveal Daveed's now glowy face and product all in his beard.

"Look at your beard," Emmy laughed, pointing at him in the mirror.

"Don't laugh at me," Daveed fake-pouted, rubbing his hands through his beard.

Emmy leaned in to give him a quick kiss before removing her mask. They discarded the masks and walked out of the bathroom.

"I'm starved," Emmy said, falling on to their bed.

"Same here," said Daveed. Daveed fell onto the bed next to Emmy and turned his head towards her. Emmy locked her eyes on his and he did the same. Daveed moved a little closer to kiss her forehead.

"Beautiful" he mumbled as he pressed his lips to her head.

Emmy smiled softly, basking in his embrace. After a short few moments, they both stood up and moved back into the living room.

"What should we order?" Emmy prompted.

"I think 1 pizza will be good," Daveed answered. He kneeled on a barstool while Emmy called to have the food delivered.

"20 minutes," Emmy announced as she hung up the phone. She walked over to where Daveed was sitting with a wide smile on her face. She wrapped her arms around his neck and simply stated, "I love you."

"I love you too, baby" Daveed said, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her into a hug.

They stayed holding each other for a few moments before returning back to their place on the couch. Not long after they had hit play on their episode, the doorbell rang. Daveed jumped up to open the door to reveal a guy dressed in a red uniform holding a box of pizza. The exchange the pizza and payment and Daveed walked back over to join his wife.

"Pizza's here," he announced.

Emmy sat up just a little from where she had been laying down. Daveed set the box on the coffee table and handed her a paper towel with a slice on top.

"Thanks babe," she said, smiling and accepting the slice.

Daveed and Emmy ate and talked until there were only 2 pieces left in the box.

"Ugh, I'm stuffed," Emmy groaned.

"Me too," Daveed said although he was reaching for another piece.

Emmy laughed at this and brought her thumb up to the corner of his mouth. "You got some sauce," she started before rubbing the sauce off his cheek with her finger.

Daveed finished his last piece and they moved into their bedroom. Emmy began digging through their drawers to find her bathing suit and his swim trunks. She grabbed a red bikini for herself and some plain black trunks for him. Both of them changed clothes so they could go out to the hot tub.

"Oof, shouldn't have ate that last piece," Emmy said looking down at her stomach.

"Don't even. You look beautiful," Daveed said, ending with a wink.

The two of them headed downstairs and out into their backyard. Daveed turned on the hot tub's bubbles and climbed in, pulling Emmy in shortly after. Their hot tub had a little underwater bench so Daveed sat on that. Emmy then sat on his lap and leaned back on her chest.

The bubbles swirled around them and Emmy closed her eyes to relish in the elation she was feeling. There was no where she'd rather be than laying in his arms.

"I love nights like these," Daveed said, running one hand down her arm and lacing his fingers in between hers.

"I was just thinking that," Emmy's smiled, "I'm so dang happy"

"It's crazy, you know, I don't even think I knew what happiness was before you," Daveed said, wrapping both arms around her, "Nothing I've ever felt compares to the way I feel about you and with you,"

"I love you so much D," Emmy said, holding his arms.

"I love you the most," Daveed smiled.

Daveed and Emmy stared up into the massive night sky. They held each other tight in the tranquil world that was the hot tub right outside their backyard. A cozy state of peace took over them and they never wanted to leave it.