7 nights in chicago

*kind of pg-13

"So 7 bedrooms... Diggs and Emmy can have the smaller one to themselves, I'll save y'all from that" Rafa began with a grin, his features trying to hold in the laugh brought on by his own joke.

Daveed was standing across the room with his arms folded while Emmy leaned into his side as they listened to Rafa's plans for the week. At his comment, Daveed simply smirked and shrugged his shoulders, unfazed by his best friend's suggestiveness. Emmy raised her eyebrows in shock and let out a quick "hm" along with a shrug of her own shoulders.

"See, they don't even deny it," Rafa laughed before attempting to carry on.

"And you and Adrienne...?" Daveed said, raising his eyebrow towards Rafa.

"We'll take the other small room but we know how to be quiet" Rafa rebutted.

"Know how to be quiet or--" Daveed began before he was abruptly cut off.

"Are y'all gonna compare dick sizes this entire trip?" Eryn spoke up, breaking up their brother-like argument. The rest of their friends who too were gathered in the room bursted out laughing at Eryn's bluntness.

Eryn wasn't one to spare feelings, she'd quickly call anyone out with no shame at all. Since she had met Daveed and Rafa, oh so many years ago, she was always the one who'd break up their silly quarrels. Of course she found them funny as well, and with many she just let them be, but she found a lot of joy in teasing them, and frequently let out snarky remarks such as these.

"There's 5 more rooms, so the rest of us can take those," she added.

"Thank you, Eryn," Emmy laughed and punched Daveed's shoulder playfully. She couldn't remember how many variations she'd heard of this same argument, if you could even call it that. Back and forth comparing their bedroom activities, back and forth stabs and punches on each other's strengths and weaknesses. Their squabbling never really ended until someone made them, the two brothers could go on and on even though there was never a clear winner, and it always ended up being a circular argument.

The entire group had arrived about an hour earlier and was now huddled in the common room of the house they'd be renting for a week. It was a fairly large brownstone with several rooms in the heart of Chicago.

This trip had been planned on a whim, Daveed and Rafa brainstormed the whole thing only a mere few weeks ago. They had both been pressing their brains to formulate a project to ring in the New Year and the second this idea came to them, they immediately hopped on the internet to book and make plans.

The pair along with about 10 other artists were spending a week in Chicago with the intent to make art: to create, write, and produce in album all within 7 nights. It was quite a large task, most artists spend a week making one song, but with the amount of passion and talent currently gathered in this living room, they knew it was possible.

One by one they slowly began to disperse from the living room and head into their respective bedrooms. Chris and Matthew had agreed to set up production in their room and as they left the living room, they began moving the large amounts of studio equipment around. Everyone was moving all over doing their best to turn the airbnb into a suitable place to make music.

Daveed, Rafa, Adrienne, and Emmy had stayed in the living room while everyone else was unpacking.

"What if we just put all the microphones and stuff in here and just make the whole living room into like... a studio?" Daveed asked.

In the 10 months she had been dating Daveed, Emmy had picked up all of his tells. The playing with his rings when he was nervous, the rubbing the eye when he was embarrassed, and the playing with his hair when he was deep in thought. She could read every emotion, she had become so accustomed to observing his expressions, to knowing exactly what he was feeling through what he was doing.