farmer's market

Her new embroidered hat was set on her head and straightened in the mirror before she turned towards her partner. It had a little bee on the flap and she felt that it was quite fitting for an early morning trip to the farmer's market.

"Can you grab the list I made in the kitchen?" Emmy asked Daveed. She only made a list to ensure she didn't get too sidetracked by everything they had to offer. She liked to get all their produce while they were here, and she wanted to remember it all.

"Yeah sure," Daveed said, moving from the living room to the kitchen. He came back only minutes later and Emmy had grabbed her bag full of reusable bags.

"I'm ready if you are," she smiled at him, "Jazzy might stop by too."

"Oh great, how much longer are they in town?" he asked her, moving to leave their home.

"Only like 2 more weeks," Emmy shrugged, "Those Brooklynites can never last long out here," she giggled.

Daveed shook his head and laughed at her description. She was right though. Jasmine and Anthony were like magnets to New York. If they had to leave for work, they were going right back to the city when they finished.

The two of them locked up the house and opened the garage to the beaming morning sun. It was a beautiful day, so they decided to put the sunroof down for the ride over.

They sang cohesively to the music and both of their hair blew in the wind. Their joyride lasted no longer than 10 minutes when they pulled up to the stands full of vendors with fruits, veggies, and all types of artisan items.

Emmy stepped out of the car and grabbed her bags and their list. Daveed followed her lead, putting his hand on her shoulder to stop her for just a moment. "Hold on," he paused only to lean in to her and kiss her temple. 

Emmy blushed wildly as they stood at the front of the market. "What was that for?"

"Jus' love you a lot," Daveed shrugged.

"Me too," she grinned, taking his hand to walk the rest of the way inside. The two of them didn't move apart as they walked through all the stands. Emmy stopped at one to survey all of the home grown fruits. She picked up some oranges, lemons, and apples, looking to Daveed for a second opinion on each one.

They continued walking and Emmy was able to slowly check off every item on her list. It wasn't a ton because she knew getting a lot would be hard to carry.

She was looking at some necklaces when she spotted a familiar set of curls at the adjacent table. "Jazzy!" she called, sparking her attention.

"Oh hey Emmy," Jas looked up and moved over to where she was, "How's it going Diggs?"

"Can't complain," he grinned as he pulled Jasmine into a hug.

"Y'all look like you've found some good stuff," she eyed their bags full of goods.

"It's been a really good selection this week," Emmy nodded with a smile, "Where's Ant at?"

"Somewhere around here," Jasmine shrugged, "Probably talking to someone... or taking a nap."

Both Daveed and Emmy giggled at her comment. Daveed put one hand on Emmy's back and rubbed slightly, "Hey babe, I'm gonna run to the bathroom real quick."

"Oh god, those are gonna be gross," she scrunched her face and added, "But ok,"

"Duty calls," Daveed chuckled before heading off to the Porta- Potty's. Emmy caught up with Jasmine while she waited for him.

As he was leaving the restroom, Daveed walked past a vendor who had stacks upon stacks of wicker baskets laid out on his table. There were all kinds of different colors and sizes. He knew he had to stop.