sleeping beauty

~ requested by @peachy_peachess and Garnet-The-Fusion

The beep beep of Rafa's truck was the alarm that signaled Daveed and Emmy that it was time to go. They had just finished their senior year of high school and were taking this trip to kick off their summer.

Emmy grabbed 2 of the bags and Daveed grabbed the other 2 and they headed out the door. Outside was Rafa's big black pickup truck containing him, his girlfriend, Jasmine, and Anthony. The group of friends were heading out to a campground in the forest to spend 4 days out in the wild.

"Y'all ready?" Rafa yelled at them even though they were hardly 50 feet away.

"Yeah," Daveed nodded.

Emmy had gone over to Daveed's house early to not only spend time with him and finish packing but so Rafa would have one less stop to make. Rafa had picked all of them up and would be driving them to the campground.

Although the truck was quite large, with everyone inside there was only one seat left.

"Emmy gets the seat, sorry Diggs," Rafa shrugged and laughed.

"I would've given it to her anyways," Daveed rolled his eyes, "I'm good in the trunk,"

"I'll sit back there with you," Emmy said with a nod.

"Emmy, no you don't have to do that," Daveed said as he grabbed her hand.

"No it's fine, it's a 15 minute drive and I want to sit with you," she said.

"If you insist," Daveed said, moving towards the back of the trunk.

Daveed climbed up the back end of the trunk and reached out his hand for Emmy to take. He helped her up and sat down so that she could have a seat on his lap.

Moments later the group was off, Rafa's truck was set in motion and they would soon be at the campsite. Inside the trunk Rafa, Jas, Ant, and Kim were giggling and conversing, but at the back, Daveed and Emmy were in their own world and frankly they wouldn't have it any other way. They were about to spend the next 4 days with their friends and this was their last summer before college so they were totally fine with the seclusion.

Emmy had cuddled more into Daveed's lap the more they drove. Daveed moved his arm to wrap around her and hold her close.

He leaned his head down to whisper in her ear, "You're so beautiful," placing a kiss on her shoulder he added, "my beautiful princess."

Emmy blushed and leaned into his touch, "So you're my prince?"

"Mhm," Daveed said as he wrapped his other arm around her to envelope her in a hug.

The wheels of the truck kept turning until they finally docked in the woods. There weren't too many people around so they'd have plenty of room to spread out. Daveed jumped off the back of the truck and reached out to help Emmy down. Rafa, Jas, Ant, and Kim followed by getting out of their respective seats.

They all grabbed their bags, Emmy grabbing Daveed's so he could help Rafa unload the tents.

At last the truck was empty and the group headed to find an empty spot. They found one not too far from where they were parked, it was pretty clear of trees and close to the water.

"I think we should start by finding some wood before it gets dark," Daveed spoke up while everyone was dropping their bags.

All of the friends agreed with this idea and they all dispersed to search for wood. Each one of them went in a different direction and they would meet back once they found adequate pieces.