pefect timing

~requested by @alyssa347886

"Do you know where my ball is?" Daveed called as he was scurrying around the house, looking for things he could never seem to find.

"Downstairs in the mud room!" Emmy called from her spot in the living room.

Emmy could hear his footsteps as he ran down the stairs. Moments later a frantic Daveed came rushing in the room.

"What would I do without you," he smiled at her. Daveed walked over to the couch and leaned down to press a kiss on her newly 30 week old belly, "and you" he said to their child.

"You do know they'll wait on you right?" Emmy said skeptically.

Daveed, Rafa, and Anthony were meeting a few other guys at a nearby recreation center to play basketball. Rafa and Anthony had pulled into their driveway to pick up Daveed around 5 minutes ago, but he was still trying to find everything he needed.

"I don't want to make them wait too
long," he responded, finally zipping up his bag.

"You know what would fix this," Emmy said in a sing-songy tone.

"I know, you told me so," Daveed smirked and laughed. "Bye babe," he said, kissing her goodbye, "And bye baby."

Daveed rushed out the door to join his friends. The house grew quiet with the click of the door. The dogs were contently playing outside, but inside the house, Emmy was alone. She could hear some muffled sound from the tv upstairs but that didn't fix the loneliness.

"It's just me and you, little man," she said to the baby growing in her belly.

Emmy turned on the tv and watched just a little bit before she got an idea. Anthony was with Daveed so that meant Jasmine was alone too. Jasmine Cephas Jones was her best friend and had been since their runs in Hamilton.

Anthony and Jasmine had moved out to Los Angeles about a year ago, right after they got married. Their house was about a 10 minute drive from Daveed and Emmy's so they hung out often.

Emmy got up from the couch slowly and walked over to get her phone.

"Doing anything tonight" she texted Jasmine.

"Nope" Emmy could always count on Jas to reply in 30 seconds or less.

"Want a friend?"

"Of course. Come on over"

Emmy grabbed her keys and headed out the door. Driving was starting to get uncomfortable but she figured she could make it 10 minutes. With a few adjustments of the seat, she left for the Ramos house.

10 minutes later, Emmy reached out her hand to knock on the door. A bit of noise sounded inside and moments later Jas was opening the door.

"Hey girl," she said, pulling Emmy into a quick hug.

"Hey!" Emmy responded.

"How are you?" Jas asked, motioning for her to come inside.

"Pregnant," Emmy said, bursting into laughter.

"Almost there tho," Jas said, laughing as well.

"Almost there," Emmy nodded, "10 more weeks," she said, patting her belly.

Jasmine lead Emmy to the kitchen where smells of cinnamon filled the air. Flour was scattered on the counter, and there was two bowls of dough set to the side.

"Whatcha making?" Emmy asked.

"Cinnamon rolls. The dough's proofing right now and you can help with the rest later," Jas answered.