firsts

Her grin widened as her eyes gazed the window, a warmness encompassing her through the arms that had found their way around her waist. She was swayed, side to side, as she scrubbed the remnants of a steak once plated on a porcelain plate. Her cheek gained a blush from the lips that had pressed against it. Two birds were now flying outside the window and she let her mind fall back into the body behind her. She heard the conjoined call of the birds and for a moment, everything was absolutely perfect. The sweetness of firsts, the joy of being in this new space with the man she loved. To a point where washing dishes brought her utmost joy because it was the dishes of their first dinner in their new home, and he was there to dry them when she was done. "I love you" whispered in her ear to be happily reciprocated with and added too. And when the plates and knives of their first meal were sparkly, her body turned around to face her home who was standing alongside her in their home. She stared up at him with that inevitable blush, her eyes catching his necklace as they roamed. An E he wore on a silver pendant, one perfectly matching her D. Emmy to Daveed. The contentment their necklaces brought each one of them. Like no matter where they were, they were always with each other. But now they were here, in their new kitchen, locking eyes, feeling peace like none other. She dreamed of many more nights like this, of mundane dinners being anything but, of the stability they'd find in one another even if life was anything but, and to many more firsts.