adrenaline rush

"Wake up," Daveed squealed. He was jumping on his knees on their bed in his pajamas just like a child.

"Uh-uh, go back to sleep," Emmy said turning to cover her head with the pillow.

Daveed and Emmy were going to skydive today. They were willingly flying up thousands of feet in the air to be hurled out of a plane wearing a cloth. Emmy was not fully enthused, but Daveed was ecstatic.

Daveed moved the pillow and grabbed her arms to sit her up. "Come onnnn," he said with a sing-songy pleading voice.

"Why did I agree to this again?" she groaned.

"It'll be fun," he said, continuing to bounce on his knees.

Daveed finally got Emmy up about 15 minutes later. They showered and threw on some comfy clothing, attire recommended by the skydiving company. Daveed was still jittery and wouldn't stop talking about their upcoming endeavors. He had been waiting to do this forever, skydiving occupying the #1 spot on his bucket list since he made it.

Emmy and Daveed kissed their dogs goodbye and headed out their house. The place was sort of far from their home. It was on the outside of Los Angeles in a spot where you could see the city from above but land in an open field.

Once they arrived at the location, they had to fill out liability paperwork and go through a training session. Emmy was getting more and more nervous was it got closer to their turn.

"You're going first," she said, giving Daveed a look.

"If I go first, who's gonna be up their to encourage you to jump?" he responded with a half smile half smirk.

"You're right," she replied, "I hate when that happens," she laughed and playfully hit his shoulder.

"Emmy and Daveed Diggs," one of the employees called.

"We got this," Daveed said, grabbing her hand.

They got strapped up in all the gear and were taken out to board the tiny plane. The employees explained all the safety precautions for a second time and then they headed up.

The plane rose slowly, giving them time to take in their surroundings.

"Wow," they said in conjunction. The could see all of Los Angeles, from the Hollywood Sign to the Rodeo drive.

Not long after, the pilot made an announcement that they had hit 6,000ft, the point at which they would jump.

Emmy started biting her nails, the fear fully sinking in thinking about what she would have to do.

"You got this Em, I'm right behind you," Daveed said, taking notice of her state.

Emmy squeezed his hand one more time before nodding and taking the jump.

She pulled her parachute when it came time and looked around. The jump was incredible actually, a thrill shot through her body and adrenaline sunk in. She screamed with joy as she landed slowly on the grass.

Daveed had jumped shortly after and she could see him falling out of the sky. He held his arms out and she could see him screaming as well.

Daveed landed moments later. He ran up to Emmy and pulled her and a hug, jumping and shouting, "I love you!"

"That was awesome!" Emmy exclaimed.

"Really? You liked it?" He said looking down at her.

"Loved it. When we going again?" she said with a smile.

Daveed hugged her once again with a wide smile
that matched hers. Loads of adrenaline rushed through their veins and they rushed into the building to sign up for another jump.