gone outside

"Oh... good morning!" Daveed grinned at his wife, "Can you guys say 'Good morning mama'" he cooed to the two little ones in his arms. He left the entrance of the doorway and walked up to Emmy.

"Morning babe," she smiled. She was sitting on their bed under the covers, having just woken up 2 minutes ago. "Why are you carrying both babies?"

"We had an early morning heart to heart," he grinned, bending down to hand her Celeste.

"Oh did you?" Emmy chucked as her hand reached for her baby girl, "Hey baby girl... Hey baby," she spoke in her most mom-like voice.

"Yep," he continued his joke, using his finger to tickle Capri, attempting to get her to laugh.

Daveed sat down on their shared bed and scooted into his partner. He adjusted the baby from the crook of his arm to the center of his chest. His now free arm went to Emmy, pulling her into a side hug, this being the first time he'd seen her since they fell asleep last night.

Her body leaned into his and she ran her hand across her other daughters back. Capri's eyes were closed and hardly flinched when she touched her. "I think she fell asleep the second she hit your chest," she looked up at Daveed.

Daveed ran his hand across the baby's back, "Daddy's little girl," he smiled to himself.

The two little girls at various states of sleep in their arms had came into their worlds a day over 3 weeks ago. The day was a vivid replay in Emmy's mind, her twins taking a full day to make their entrance. She could never complain though, these babies were nothing short of the best thing to ever happen to her.

The family was cuddled into a comfortable silence in their bed when Daveed broke it with a whisper so not to wake Capri. "I was thinking..." he said, turning to look at Emmy, "Do you want to try to get out today?"

Between labor having been as long as it was, and the sheer pain of pushing out not one but two human beings, Emmy hadn't moved the first week, except to attend to them. The doctor had ordered her to take it easy, which she did, the following two weeks her only traveling was up and down the stairs.

Emmy thought for a moment, Would be nice to take off these pajamas. "Where were you thinking?"

"Well, the girls can't go too far," Daveed began, "So I thought we could just spend a few hours outside- in the backyard- get some fresh air."

"That would be nice," Emmy nodded her head. She sat up from where she had been leaning on Daveed. "I'll be right back, I have the perfect thing."

She took two of the pillows from the bed and placed them like barrier walls in the bed. Celeste was put in the middle, a position she only trusted because she knew Daveed wouldn't take his eyes off of her.

She walked across the hall to the room they had converted to the nursery. In the dresser were two newborn sized bathing suits she'd been given at her baby shower. They hadn't used them yet, they even still had tags, but today would be the perfect time.

Emmy left the room holding the matching one pieces, both adorned with pink and orange colored oranges.

Entering the room, the view was even sweeter than the fruit design. The pillow fort was slightly bigger and both babies were held in between. Daveed was standing over them, rotating between the two and blowing raspberries on their bellies. The soft sound of infant laughter filled the room.

Her heart could have probably exploded right then and there. When she called these sweet girls the best thing to ever happen to her, it was in more ways than one. Because of them, she'd fallen deeper in love with Daveed, something she didn't think was even possible.